Chapter Twenty-One: Drunken Boys

Chapter twenty one.

'It's been two days Hailey!'

Blair threw herself onto Hailey's bed theatrically after school that Friday. She had given her number to Dean two days ago and heard nothing from him ever since.

'What was the point of going out of his way to ask me for my number when he wasn't even going to use it?'

'Maybe it was a dare?' Hailey suggested sounding absent minded.

Blair glared over at her friend, 'Gee thanks Hails, way to sky rocket my confidence.'

Hailey looked up and burst out laughing, 'Oh relax, didn't you say he looked older? Maybe there are different rules for guys out of high school. They probably don't text straight away. Or maybe something's happened, a family member got hurt or he crashed his car... There are heaps of reasons why he might not have texted.'

'This is sounding like the movie 'He's just not that into you', Blair said glumly.

Hailey laughed again, 'Yeah maybe... Oh well give him until the weekend is over. If he hasn't texted by then we'll right him off.'

Blair nodded in agreement trying to recall the chance meeting in her mind for the thousandth time that day. On the plus side she has been extremely distracted from all things Cade the last couple of days. In fact she was able to completely ignore him around the house and at school. Even during their volleyball game yesterday where the two of them single-handedly won the team the game. She remembered Cade walking over to her with a triumphant grin on his face going in for a hi-five. His hand lingered on hers gripping it and pulling her in for an extended hug when they set and spiked the winning point. She could see the familiar look in his darkened eyes. He was practically promising her he would find her later that night and celebrate properly.

Before Blair felt herself get swept up in his gaze she reminded herself he hooked up with Lacy.

Instead of responding, she pulled out of the hug and gave him an icy smile. Not tonight Cade.

If he noticed the change in her air he didn't say anything.

'Okay so what are we wearing tonight Miss B?' Hailey said jumping off the bed and making a beeline to her wardrobe. 'Not too sexy as it's an entirely new crowd and we don't want to seem over the top. But we still need to look amazing.'

Blair had completely forgotten about the Riverside party tonight. She quickly went over the pros and cons for going to the party.

Pros:

Get her mind off Dean not texting

There would be no Lacy

Get to hang out with Wes and get to know him better

Have fun with her friends

Cons:

Cade would be going and Blair would be drinking = Mess

The cons almost outweighed the pros but Blair knew Hailey would have a hissy fit if she tried to bail on the party.

'I hope the kids are nice there, I have to say I don't really know any that well. We never really played any sport,' Blair commented as she joined Hailey at the closet.

'Yeah that's true, I'm sure they will be. It's not like a private school or anything so they shouldn't be stuck up.' Hailey mused.

Hailey pulled out a cream coloured flowing shift dress and held it out to Blair without a word. Blair eyed the dress and hemline with hesitance.