Chapter Twenty Two: Confessions of a bad friend

Chapter twenty two.

'What was that last night?'

Blair bit her lip, 'You mean with Dean?' She asked hopefully.

Hailey raised an eyebrow at her friend.

They were sitting cross legged on Hailey's bed solemnly. The sun was starting to rise on the morning and Blair was dreading this talk. After last night though she knew it was coming. Cade had ruined everything.

'I mean with Cade,' she demanded losing patience. 'With him getting hammered at the party last night.'

'I didn't do that to him,' Blair pointed out obviously.

'Yes but maybe you can shed some light on what he was going on about last night when we tried to put him to bed.'

Blair sighed, here it was. She recalled the hazy moment when Cade demanded Blair stay with him. Sleep in his bed for the night because he 'didn't feel well'. Of course he had to do all this tantrum antics with Hailey in the room. Naturally Hailey was a little confused telling Cade to cop on and go to sleep.

'Fuck off Hailey, Blair and I have been doing this for ages now.'

Blair stared at him open mouthed with a sense of horror, 'he's drunk.'

'Oops,' Cade started giggling as he rolled around in bed. 'That was a secret.'

'Go to sleep Cade,' Blair could have murdered him right then and there.

 ...

The next morning Blair knew the gig was up. If Hailey was suspicious earlier, last night just topped the cake.

'Ok, I have to tell you something big.'

Hailey frowned, 'I'm listening...'

'A few weeks ago, at a party Cade and I kissed.'

Blair blurted it out quickly hoping it was like ripping off a band aid. She searched Hailey's face for any sign of emotion or recognition, she got nothing so she continued on with the story.

'I was really drunk and I know that's not an excuse. If you asked me why, I still couldn't tell you.' She confessed frowning, 'Anyway I tried to stay out of his way from then on, I avoided him like the plague. You remember those few weeks I even moved back home?'

Hailey frowned in recognition, 'Of course I do! Blair I can't believe this was why!'

'I pretty much ignored him for ages, and then it happened again...'

Hailey looked a little grossed out and Blair couldn't blame her.

'We slept together a few times and it became kind of a thing,' Blair continued hoping to get everything out of her system before Hailey vomited with disgust. 'We were friends with benefits to a certain extent, he was still rude to me in public, I still hated his guts. I still do Hails, I hate him,' Blair rolled her eyes. 'But for some reason we have this kind of attraction to each other...'

'I think I've heard enough,' Hailey stood up with her hands raised in defense. 'Blair I don't even know where to start. How about with the fact you have lied to me the past few months? Or the fact you have been hooking up with my cousin behind my back, in my house?'

Blair winced at her words, she was extremely angry.

'What really pisses me off though is the fact you've clearly fallen for someone and haven't even bothered to tell your best friend about it,' she sat down on the bed again her shoulders hunched. 'I can't believe you lost your virginity to him and didn't even want to tell me. I knew that would have been huge for you.'