Chapter 33 - Information

The laundry mat was closed for the public holiday. The surrounding shops were also shut, but at the front of the Korean business, three gangsters lazed about in a black car while their boss attended to business inside. Lor had successfully obtained Brian and brought him in during the night; with the help of some associates.

 Fin cracked a can of soft drink open as Brian swayed upside down in front of him; the prisoner’s ankles were savagely bound in chains hanging from the ceiling. Rai lit up a cigarette and sat down on a chair, he moved a milk crate around to rest his feet on as he watched Fin preparing his justice.

Rai was annoyed; by this stage most men had already started to break, but Brian had not uttered a word. “A lot of people start with the upper body,” Fin said, crouching down to make eye contact with Brian; who was dripping sweat, “I like to try different methods,” the enormous brute stood up and drove a fist into Brian’s leg making him wince.

“I can’t help but feel the bodies annoyance not being able to cover the legs for protection while you hang there,” Fin said, smiling as he treated Brian’s legs like boxing bags. He landed a volley of punches, “By the end of this you will tell me something.”

Rai watched on coolly as his fathers right hand man battered the man hanging upside down. It would be an unfair fight to an unchained man— this was one position Rai never wanted to find himself in. Being on the wrong side of Fin, he had sometimes thought about having the man executed just to be safe and never feel the fear Brian was probably feeling. Fin stopped to put on spiked knuckle busters on each hand. Rai understood the need for brutality and cruelty, but sometimes Fin just went too far. Each punch with one of these on would draw blood.

“I’m going outside for a breather,” Rai said, ironically taking a puff of his cigarette. 

“We’ll be here…well I still will be,” Fin said.

Rai entered the room once again after spending a good ten minutes outside, which probably felt like days to Brian by now. He quickly looked away from the body hanging upside down, he briefly saw just red. Fin wiped a tea towel over his forehead, “Sweating like a pig. I got the information you need.”

Brian coughed up blood as his pain riddled body delivered excruciating pain.

“Letting him go?” Fin asked.

Rai looked at the torturer surprised, “In this condition? I doubt he will forget todays events.”

“That’s what I wanted to hear,” Fin said, smiling as he removed a small knife from his back pocket.    

“Finish him,” Rai said.

The big brute ended Brian’s life with one swift slice. “He was a tough bastard,” he said, amazed.

Rai automatically found his hand resting on his gun but quickly removed it before Fin noticed. “You right to clean this up?” Rai asked.

“I’ve done a thousand clean ups,” Fin said. 

“I need to go,” Rai said.

John sat in his car searching the obituaries, looking for any sign of Albert’s demise. Why haven’t you been mentioned old sport? He was sure someone of the man’s caliber would have dozens of tributes rolling in to the Contro Chronicles, but there was not mention at all. He tossed the paper onto the back seat with the previous weeks daily papers; the only thing he had found was a death notice for Chuck, the man who hired him in the first place.

The driver knew he had to move on from the city, but something was drawing him there. Just one look. John turned the key and the beat up car roared to life. He drove toward Willow’s, Albert Giuseppe’s favorite place to hangout with his crew. I killed him, I killed him, I killed him.