Chapter 11 - Hiding

A church full of mourners gathered to put Harold to rest. At the front of the church generals and other older soldiers in the family flanked Albert. Some of the older tough guys wore shades to hide the pools of water in their eyes. Albert stared straight into space contemplating what had happened. Sin had told him they saw two Korean’s running from the place, which meant Kim had at least played a part in Harold’s death. He sighed; it was going to be a long week. Anthony’s funeral was to be held tomorrow.

  Albert was glad to step outside in to the fresh air; Mike followed him but kept his distance. The boss looked at his family as they exited the church after the service even other members from other cities had flown in, a bunch of the old school guys. He even expected Chuck to show up…in their business the murderers often attended the victims funeral it was part of their thing.  

  Even some of the government photographers had come to take snap shots of the occasion, trying to find out who is who in the zoo.

  The boss looked over the people he noticed a small posse surrounded Sin; the kid was moving up fast. He now had three generals running good crews, Carlos, Benny, Alonzo Senior, and the hope was for Sin to eventually become the forth. The young soldier still had a long way to go yet, he had proven himself in the worker department but he still needed management skills.

  “You okay Al?” Mike finally asked.

  “I need a scotch. Take me to Tanya’s.”

  “I’ll go get the car boss.”

  “Get Sin too,” Albert ordered, as swapped his reading glasses for sun glasses.

    Albert watched Mike talk to Sin and they both disappeared to get the car. Mike pulled the car around to the front and Sin opened the back door for Albert.

  “Willows will be packed out today for the wake,” Sin said.

  Mike pulled into Willow’s car park to find the car park already full, a row of cars and vans were at the front and they were not friendly. At least thirty Koreans stood along entrance. Donny was on the other side of them backed up by four of his security guards and a few of the local patrons.

  “What the fuck?” Albert was out of the car before Sin could stop him.

  The boss walked straight up to the ringleaders of the Korean gang. Sin quickly caught up to him and eventually Mike too; panting breathlessly.

  “Fuck you doing here?” Albert asked.

  The head Korean in jeans and sneakers smiled, “We came to celebrate. But that guy,” he pointed to Donny, “Would not let me and my party in.” 

  “Good, now fuck off. There’s plenty of other bars,” Albert growled.

  “No we like this one.”

  Salvatore pulled up in the van letting out Benny, Samuele, Alonzo Junior and Carlos who quickly came to the boss’s side. Even with Donny and his security force the Giuseppe family would still not be a match.

  “He’s not going to ask again,” Sin warned.

  The Korean did not bother to look at Sin, he felt he was too low down in the family structure for eye contact, “Good, because I don’t want to repeat myself again.”

   Albert quickly clocked the man in the head with the best punch of his life dropping him; he quickly laid the boot in. It sparked into an all out brawl with Donny and his boys running in from behind and taking as many on as they could. The security guards were huge muscle bound guys and were handling themselves well. The patrons were a little hesitant but soon joined in when they were attacked.