Chapter 3

The next day, Rei along with Yuuji, Megumi and Nobara are at the field, waiting for Gojo to arrive. As usual, Rei would read books and Megumi would just browsing down whatever he could find on his phone.

Yuuji and Nobara noticed this and said 'These two are really similar to each other.' Yuuji then asks Rei "Say, Ayanami. What book are you reading?" Rei then shows him the book, which is full of German texts. "It's a German book." Both Yuuji and Nobara were quite surprised at her. They didn't know that Rei also reads books that's in different languages besides Japanese and English.

"Can you speak German, Rei-chan?" Nobara asks. "Not really. I can't speak German very well. I can only understand it." Rei replied. "But there is someone that can speak German very well. It was someone that I know." "Oh? Who is it then?" Yuuji questions her. "Asuka Langley Soryu. She is the person that I work with besides Ikari-kun to defeat the Angels."

"The Angels? Why is that?" All of a sudden Gojo appears behind Rei very closely and everyone except her are shocked. "Gojo-sensei! Don't scare us like that!" Nobara hissed at him but he just laugh it off. "Come on, don't be like that! I was just getting here on time!" 'You were never on time' Megumi complained inside of his head.

"The Angels are going to wipe out all humanity to dominate Earth if we didn't fight it," Rei continues her explanation. "But shouldn't Angels be more pious and holy?" Yuuji ask her. "That's not the case in my world. The Angels came from space and are trying to search Adam, their progenitor," "Adam? Adam's an Angel?" Gojo asks her. "Adam is the first Seed of Life, while Lilith is the second. Adam gave birth to Angels while Lilith gave birth to humans,"

"Hold up! You did mention that Second Impact happened when everyone tries to fused a human DNA with Adam, right? So why does that happen?" Yuuji ask Rei another question. "From what I learn, is because that two Seeds of Life cannot exist at the same planet, as they will become something equivalent to God. Hence, the Spear of Longinus appears on each Seed of Life in order to prevent it from happening," Rei answers him.

All of them went silent. The mysterious girl that they thought are normal was actually more complex than they thought. How on Earth can she know everything about her world? No one would ever know that! But then, Gojo cleared his throat in order to start the training.

"Alright everyone! Today we have a new student joining us! Please introduced yourself!" Rei gets up and go standing beside Gojo. "My name is Rei Ayanami. It's a pleasure to meet you all," Rei greets them in a monotone voice. "Huh? Where is the spirit, Rei-chan? Come on, you have to be better than that," Gojo teasefully said to her. Rei did not answer back and she went to join her friends to learn Jujutsu. "Anyway, I'm going to show you what is Curse energy," He then shoots the can with a Pure Curse Energy. "That was a Curse Energy," He then twists another can with his Curse Technique. "And that was a Curse Technique. Did you get it, Rei?"

"....I think I do," Rei replied. "Well then, what can you do?" Gojo asks. "I can produce an A. T. Field," "What's an A. T. Field?" Yuuji asks her. "It's a short term for Absolute Terror Field. It's a barrier that protects you from harm," "Can your friends also do that?" "No, they can only do that with their Evangelions. But for me, I can do it easily even without my Eva." She then pours all of her energy to create an A. T. Field.

"Um, Rei? Where is the A. T. Field that you created?" Nobara asks her. "They are already here in front of me," "Huh?" "An A. T. Field can only be seen when you hit it." Yuuji then ran at the back of the field and grab a rock and then went back to field. "Wait, what are you trying to do?" Megumi asks him. "Isn't it obvious? I'm going to throw this rock at her to see an A. T. Field that Ayanami's been talking about!" Without warning, Yuuji threw the rock in front of Rei and an octagon-like shape barrier becomes visible.

Four of them were amazed by this. "Is there anything you can do with that A. T. Field of yours?" Gojo asks. "I can use it to levitate myself," "Then show us!" He grinned. Obeying him, Rei then uses her A. T. Field to make herself float in mid-air and everyone was impressed. A few seconds later, Rei floats down gently on the ground. "Ayanami, I didn't know that you had that power," said Megumi in a surprised tone. "Yeah, Rei! Why didn't you tell us about this?" Nobara said.

"You never told me to say anything about it," Rei replied. 'Well, she's not wrong' Megumi thinks. They then proceeded to help Rei to hone her jujutsu skills until evening.

-------------------

Rei is seen laying in bed after taking a shower and wearing a baby blue night gown that Nobara had bought for her yesterday. She thinks about all the Techniques that Gojo and others had taught her. Not only that, she also thinks about small moments she had with them together.

"They are very genuine to me. But why?" Rei said to herself before closing her eyes to sleep for the next day.

What kind of Curse Technique do you guys think that Rei can use besides her A. T. Field? Comment right here!