Chapter 5

Rei heads back to her dorm. She then showers and puts on her night gown. Just as she was about to tuck herself to sleep, all of a sudden she hears an eerily voice coming from outside of the window.

"Why hello there~" Yuuji- no, Sukuna is waving his hand at her. Rei blinks in confusion and said "You're not Itadori-kun, you are someone else. Who are you?" Sukuna then smirks and introduces him "I am simply a king of curses named Sukuna, my dear." Rei was a bit surprised. How come Sukuna is interested in her? What does she do that impresses him? Most importantly, what does he want from her?

"Why are you here at my dorm?" "Well, I heard that you are a vessel to a mother of all mankind. Mind if I talk to her for awhile?" Rei went silent. She is feeling conflicted about this. Yes she is Lilith's vessel, but at the same time she is Lilith herself. She does not have any memories of Lilith, not even on how Lilith came to be. "I'm sorry, I cannot do it."

"Well why not?" "You see, I am Lilith but at the same time, I am not. I have Lilith's soul but I do not inherit Lilith's memories, only powers." Sukuna stopped for a moment. He never knew that the girl with crimson eyes were more complex than she already is. However, this makes him more amused than ever.

"Heh, interesting. It appears that you are more than just a blink of an eye. I'm hoping to see your potential, Rei Ayanami." "But why? I have not done anything much other than training." "That's where you're wrong, dear~. Soon enough, you'll be able to show me what you got!" Sukuna then disappears from her view. Rei stood still silently. Sukuna's remark about her made her ponder. Her strength, her origin and herself. That's what Sukuna gathered from her and the others.

"I should head to bed now." She went to bed, lay there while looking at the ceiling. "Itadori-kun and I were similar. We were both vessels to powerful beings..." Rei whispers as she was comparing herself with Yuuji. Unlike her however, Yuuji stays optimistic as ever and is always making his own decisions with freedom, whilst Rei doesn't get to know of her emotions and have to make decisions under restrictions.

"He is almost the same as Ikari-kun. He is always happy and I wonder why." Not long after, she fell asleep. She will get back to Shinji and the rest of the NERV crew soon enough, she hopes.