► COCKY TO ADMIT.

► Because I dropped your hand while dancing, let you out there standing

[ Sage Green,

November 17th, 2:29 PM. ]

"Sage,"

Michael stood outside of my bedroom door.

"There is Chinese takeout in front of your door if you get hungry." He said, "Me and the guys are going to be in our rooms. Please eat. I love you,"he said.

I bit my lip and hugged my knees to my chest tightly in my dark bedroom. Prince laid in my lap, purring softly.

I felt emotionless.

One part of me wanted to cry, and tell Michael everything and then one part of me wanted to change my name and move to France.

But, I knew what I should do.

I had been thinking a lot about my life. I had never thought about where I wanted my life to take me because I had been so focused on how the past affected me. I never once thought about my life for the future.

I needed to start thinking of my future and not my past.

So, I started my new re-inventing life process. I got up from my messy bed and grabbed the Chinese takeout from my door. I ate and thought about what to tell Michael and the guys.

[]

After I thought about what to say, and went over it about ten times, I threw my trash away and stood up straight. I looked myself in the mirror and coached, "You can do this" about ten times.

I know I hadn't been the nicest to Michael, and I regretted it. I know it was probably really mean, but I had my reasons.

But right now, he was the nicest one I had in my life and I wasn't letting him leave now. I wasn't going to let my selfish mom get in the way of a new chapter. Even if I was going to hate it at first.

Right now, I would do anything to get away from her.

I started to go to their bedrooms after I left mine, but heard laughter from downstairs. I bit my lip and walked down the stairs and into the living room. "Excuse me?" I cleared my throat.

"Oh, hi honey." Michael smiled. "What's up? Are you okay?"

"I think we all need to have a conversation." I said, putting my hands together and keeping calm.

Michael nodded. "The floor is yours, sweetheart."

I took it as an invite to begin speaking. "I'd gone over what I was going to say ten times, I think." I said, "But I wanted to say that I don't hate your guts. I know I made it seem like I did, but I don't."

"I like all four of you." I bit my lip, "and I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life. I am done letting my past dictate the future and I want a new start."

"I want to move to America with you, and I want to go to school in America."

Michael went to speak but I stopped him.

"I am saying I want to be in your care. But," I paused, "I completely understand if you want me to not be in your care. I will find something else—"

"Are you kidding?" Luke chuckled. I looked at him confused, but he just pulled me in for a hug.

I hugged him back and soon enough, I let everyone get in on the hug. Everyone. I felt so happy, like I was being pumped with sugar into my bloodstream and was high at the same time.

"We would love to put you in our care, Sage."