► LACTOSE INTOLERANCE.

► I've been under scrutiny

I've been under scrutiny.

[ Sage Green,
A Month Later. ]

I sat on the couch with my book in hand while Michael and Ashton watched a documentary on a murderer from the 1800s. I paid no mind.

I was officially in Michael's care. He was legally my guardian now. He was excited, and I can't say that I wasn't.

He was a lot better.

"What in the world are you guys watching?" Luke asked as he walked from his bedroom and into the living room.

"A murder documentary." Ashton said casually.

Luke's eyebrows flew together and he glanced at me, who shrugged nonchalantly. He waved us off and went into the kitchen.

"This is fucking terriying." Michael commented on the documentary.

"It's not like the guy is gonna come back and kill you. He's dead." Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Well obviously—"

Suddenly, Luke screamed from the kitchen— causing my book to go flying, Michael to jump and Ashton to stand.

"What's wrong?!" Ashton shouted.

"We're out of milk!" Luke said as if it were a terrifying discovery. "And I love milk!"

"Mate, aren't you lactose intolerant?

"Yes!"

"My lord," Michael rolled his eyes. "I'll go get milk for you."

"No," Ashton interrupted. "I'll just freakin' order milk if it's so important to you."

Luke smiled brightly and kissed Ashton's cheek quickly, causing Ashton to make a 'blegh' sound and Luke to laugh. "You're the best, Ash. You do things I don't want to do. That's what makes you a wonderful roommate."

Luke plopped down next to me. "I'm never moving out."

"Yeah, yeah." Ashton mumbled as he scrolled through his phone.

10 minutes went by, and I was still reading my book but was nearly done. Luke was fixated on the TV, as were the two other guys. It was pouring rain and it was peaceful.

The front door opened and we all turned our heads to a soaked Calum.

"Welcome home, Cal." Michael greeted Calum. 

"Thanks." Calum deadpanned, taking off his jacket and putting it on the coat rack. "It's a bloody disaster out there."

"Oh yeah?"

"People in Los Angeles don't know how to drive, apparently." Calum claimed and ran past us four. "I'll be down in a moment, I need to change and pee!"

An hour later, Sierra had joined us. It was storming badly in Los Angeles, and she decided to drive 10 minutes to our house.

"What movie now?" Michael asked as Frozen 2 ended.

"What about Harry Potter?" Luke suggested as he messed with my hair.

"No." Ashton shook his head. "Sage has watched that movie franchise a thousand times now. I cannot handle another one."

I pouted. "Psh."

"How about Mean Girls?"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"You guys are useless," Calum rolled his eyes. "Sage, you pick. No Harry Potter."

"The fact you say no to Harry Potter is astonishing to me, Calum." I crossed my arms. "How about Lilo & Stitch?"

"YES!" Sierra cheered.

"Perfect!"