9| Flirt With Me

My head hurts when I open my eyes. It doesn't take even five minutes and I'm angry again.

I refuse all help from anyone who tries, there is no way in hell Luis wouldn't be my doctor. I can't bear even the thought of it.

I am really hungry, but I'll gladly sacrifice my food if it means a chance to see him.

It is worth it, because soon, my Luis is walking towards me. "Sure you aren't hungry Aidan?" He asks and my smile is immediate.

"I am now," I say. I am still angry because of what he said the day before, but I can't stay mad for long just looking at him.

He sits close to me at the side of my bed. "You really are stubborn, you know that?"

"I'm really not," I try to defend myself and by mistake, I let the cat out of the bag. "I just like you." I tell him, realizing that I can't take it back anymore.

Luis wipes the corner of my mouth with his thumb and I pray that I'm not blushing. "I like you too," he says.

"No," I correct him. "I like like you. Does this mean you are still my doctor?" I ask excitedly.

He nods and shrugs. "You were pretty upset yesterday."

"So you changed your mind?" I ask him.

"Honestly, I feel like I have no choice," he chuckles. "I don't like you fainting because of me."

"Ever heard of the phrase 'Drop-dead gorgeous'?" I ask him rhetorically.

"Are you calling me hot?" He asks and to my innocent ears, it sounds seductive.

"Do you want me to call you hot?" I ask back. "Because yesterday already proves it."

"I'm fairly sure you didn't lose consciousness because of my looks yesterday," he says.

"And I'm fairly sure I can lose consciousness because of your looks right now," I reply boldly.

"Aidan," he grips my hand and squeezes. Luis is so close to me I can feel his body heat.

"Luis?" I smirk and yet inside, I'm just crumbling under his gaze.

"I'd advise you not to flirt with me," he says.

Or what? The question is at the tip of my tongue but I don't voice it. For both our sakes.

"I like flirting with you," I say instead. "Although... I do have a problem." I cast my face downwards.

"Do you feel alright?" Luis asks immediately, sounding genuinely concerned. I hold the sigh that threatens to escape my lips.

"Not exactly," I reply. "See, I can't really taste my lips, could you do it for me?"

He suddenly chuckles when he catches onto what I'm saying. "Oh, really smooth."

"You think?" I feel excited. "I found it on google and I've been dying to use it for a long time now."

I laugh back and just stare at him staring back at me.

"Is that so?" He asks without taking his eyes off me and I shyly look away. He sounds like he is about to growl.

"Well... y-yeah–"

I don't get to finish what I'm trying to say because Luis kisses me. Fervently.

Kissing him feels like my lips were created for this very moment. It is too much; everything I feel at once. But I can't let go.

My hands close around the front of his scrubs and seconds later, I feel his hands close around mine.

He pulls them away and puts them around his neck, then he deepens the kiss.

My brain is short circuiting because Luis is kissing me, and I'm kissing back. I feel hot, my mind feels blank, and my heart threatens to pound out of my chest.

I look down when the kiss finally breaks, unable to meet his eyes. Not with how hot my cheeks feel.

He doesn't let me. He lifts my chin up, forcing me to keep looking at him. I don't know if he does it on purpose but Luis licks his lips without breaking eye contact with me.

I am never going to recover from the sight.

I send him a pleading look and he finally lets me go. He gets up immediately though.

"I shouldn't have done that," says Luis. "I'm sorry."

"I'm not," I say before he can leave.

"You don't get it, Aidan," he says before finally slipping out the door.