Epilogue

Six months later...

It is no surprise that I've come to crave these afternoons we share.

I look down at him and wonder for the millionth time, how someone could love another so profoundly.

I look Aidan in the eye and get carried away for a little while. His lips are moving but I can't tell what he's saying.

"Hey!" He pokes at my bare chest and frowns adorably. "I know when you get like this, you aren't really listening to me."

"Like what?" I ask.

He is lying down on his back and staring up at me. I'm staring back down with my elbow at the side of his head, using my fist to support my cheek.

We're both in our underwear and doing nothing else but lazing around and just talking.

I always make sure to get time off for this. At least once a week. It is our time, and I don't  want anything to get in the way of it.

"You said, you don't like French beans because you once choked on one," I chuckle and lay on my back, pulling him to rest his head on my chest.

I join our fingers together and raise them up. "Yeah," he says.

"See?" I say. "I was paying attention."

"Hmm," says Aidan. "You win this time."

I smile contentedly, just feeling him breathe against my chest.

"I still want to know why the first time I saw you, there was a dollar in your ass," I tell Aidan.

He bursts out laughing and I feel my insides become weightless. My insides churn and I have to close my eyes for a second because I'm too overwhelmed.

"There's this club..." Aidan starts. "...I can't show my face to the bartender again."

"What did you do?" I laugh.

"Well, let's just say I think I tried to buy a bottle of Scotch with that dollar, I was drunk as hell." Aidan chuckles as he tells his story. "He said no and it didn't go well after that. You understand right Luis? Every time we go out, it can't be to that club."

"I hear you, love," I reply. "So will you marry me?"

Aidan gets off me and turns quickly, shock swimming in his eyes.

I pull out the ring I've been carrying around for the past two weeks, trying to find the right moment to propose.

I open it and Aidan gasps, his hands move to cover his mouth.

"These past few months together have been the highlight of my life, and they've been enough for me to know that I want you for the rest of my life. I want us," I spill my heart out. "You're the best thing to ever happen to me, my love. I'm in love with your smile, your laugh, your kind heart... God, you're so adorable–"

Aidan throws his hands around my neck and sobs. I wrap a hand around his waist.

"Yes," he whispers. "Yes, I'll marry you."

He breaks away from the hug and snivels.

"I love you so much Aidan," I tell him because I just want him to know.

"I love you too," he laughs and wipes his eyes. "You're making a mess of me."

"Give me your hand," I say softly to him. Then I slide the ring onto his finger.

Suddenly, I can't look away from him as he admires his hand. He catches me looking. "You're so beautiful," I let out.

He kisses me before I can say anything cheesy again. I can't help it; he's just made me the happiest man on earth. I trace a line on his back and he recoils.

"I still don't know how you found such a sensitive spot," Aidan says.

"I'm a doctor," I reply. "I specialize in knowing my way around the human body."

"I'm not convinced," he says cheekily, returning back to lie on me. "But you can try and change my mind."

"I'm so going to change your mind," I assure him.

"So you say," he replies and fake-yawns.

Aidan giggles when I suddenly trap him between my arms. "There's that stubborn nature."

•END•

Thank you for reading the first book in the Cherry series.

I hope you'll like the rest.

The next book in this series is titled:
O____ F_______
(Good luck guessing, and be on the lookout for it)

Again, thank you.
🍒