Chapter 19 - Meeting up with Jong-un

You're back at school, and the air already feels a lot different, abnormal. Considering the fact that you'd left with 5 Homecoming proposals and returned with 8, yeah, much has changed. But at least now you didn't feel as anxious about it. Actually, scratch that. You had less than a week to make a decision, and your heart still hadn't been able to set on anyone of them. Was there a chance that someone could kidnap you before then, so you wouldn't have to make a choice?

And as if anything else could disrupt your peace, Lincoln sidles up to you. "Morning, y/n. Had a lovely weekend?"

You sigh. "I don't know."

"Let me guess, a new batch of proposals?"

"Well, yeah."

He laughs. "Splendid. You'd think this is the 17th century with such claims being made."

"Whatever." You glance at Lincoln. "And what have you done all weekend?"

"I visited the White House." You notice his smile disappear.

"And?"

He sighed. "Well, it's... morose to say the least. Such a broad foundation that stands on Capitol Hill for something greater, yet what has it accomplished but division. And little hope for equity. The mark of unfinished business. Something that could have been."

For once, you're speechless, and it's not in a bad way---especially in regards to Lincoln. "Y-you... what?" you stammer.

"What did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's just that you usually would say something weird like 'I went there and rated everyone out of ten, and the guy sitting where I used to sit is a solid 6.5, lower than me'," you mimic.

"Hm, that is something I would say." He rubs his chin, grinning. "You would prefer that I regress?"

"No, no, no, I'm just very surprised."

"I suppose we work harder towards the pursuit of happiness." He shrugged. "But what've you got going on today?"

"Oh, just a normal day."

"Is any day normal with you?" You don't answer but know the answer to that question.

When you walk into Yearbook, there's a red slip on your desk, and you see that you've been summoned to the office. Eyes widening, you start towards the front office. 

When you step inside, there are already people in there. Including Janitor McConnell. What was going on?

And there's a papery looking man at the desk, and you're pretty sure that's your principal, the tag on his desk reading 'Michael Bloomberg'.

He brushes his hand through the air. "Have a seat."

You take a tentative seat across from him. He presses his lips together, but you couldn't tell if he had lips in the first place. You swallow. "Um, what's going on?"

"You should know very well what's going on. The janitor has just informed me of you causing trouble around school."

"Trouble?" Your heart pauses in your chest. Does he mean that time you were running around the halls from Jong-un. "T-this is all a misunderstanding. I didn't mean to do that and don't plan on doing it ever again."

"Except you did." He turns his screen and shows security cam footage of you and Bernie running away from school, except you're much slower than him, and it only catches you.

"Look, I'm sorry, I won't do it again, I promise," you beg. 

"It's hard to believe that, y/n. I've checked your grades, and they're abysmal. And you're knew at this school. It's disappointing that you would waste your potential."