Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

ALPHA NOAH

After destroying the whole entire house, I found Ellie in the dining room crying on the floor. After watching her for ten more minutes I couldn't take it anymore and left her there as I locked myself in my office. I was afraid of stopping her from her wrath, in fear that it could make things worse. Hiding in my office was torture, I was afraid she was gonna hurt herself, or possibly try to run away again. But at the same time, I knew she needed to get whatever this was out of her system.

"Ellie." She looked up at me and I couldn't help but cringed at the way she looked. Her hair was complete destroyed and tears stained her face. "Ellie-." Her cries interrupted me. My wolf urged me to comfort our mate so I sat down next to her and rubbed her back. After a while, she had fallen asleep. Picking her up I carried her to her bedroom. Covering her up I went back to my office and dialed Ryan's number.

"What's up man?" He answered the phone.

"I need you to tell me about what happen to Ellie," I asked desperately through the phone. If she wouldn't tell me I knew I had no other choice but to go to Ryan.

He paused. "It's not my place to tell you this."

"Ryan I'm not fucking around I need to know." I angrily slammed my hand on my desk.

"What happened?"

"I marked her last night and then this morning she was-."

He cut me off. "You forced a mark on my cousin." He asked taken back.

"She was saying things and my wolf got upset," I explained. I knew forcing a mark on her was wrong but I couldn't bring myself to be mad about it. She was finally mine and no one could do anything about it.

"I'm gonna kick your ass when I see you." He threatens and I was sure he would keep that promise.

"Whatever." I brushed it off. "Just tell me."

"Her mother was a very independent she-wolf before she found her mate. Him being traditional he, of course, had different beliefs. She changed a lot to be with him and somewhere along the line she lost herself."

"So Ellie is afraid of losing herself by being my mate." I put it all together.

"Correct."

"What about her parents now." Now that I think about it Ellie had not once mentioned her parents to me.

"Her father died in the battle. Her mother couldn't live without him and ended up killing herself. Ellie saw the whole thing."

I ran my hands through my hair. Now that Ryan had told me about Ellie I finally could understand her better. The idea of having a mate had so much trauma behind it that she couldn't bare the idea of having one. If I let her go I don't know if she'll ever come back. But if I make her stay she'll resent me for the rest of our life. It was a lose-lose situation. "I'm gonna let her go."

"What?" He yelled through the phone. "You can't just give up on her just because she has issues."

"No. I'm gonna let her finished her travels. I don't want her to resent me in the future."

He sighed in the phone. "That's rough. If I was in the same situation I don't think, I'll ever let my mate do something like this."

"Then why did you let her do this in the first place," I growled. I know for a fact that if he had never let her leave in the first place then I wouldn't be in this position that I'm in now.