Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

LUNA ELLIE

I smelled him before I saw him. My wolf was already anxious and excited about seeing her mate and surprisingly so was I. I couldn't sleep nor eat, so I sat in the living room staring at the TV. He unlocked the door and walked in shutting and locking the door behind him. He must have gotten a key from the front desk.

He stood in front of me. He had bags under his eyes and he was sporting a new beard, which made him look even sexier. I couldn't stop the drool that was spilling from my mouth. "Hi," I whispered as I continued to admire his new look. Without a word he sat down and pulled me into his lap, he pressed his head into my neck taking in my scent.

"I missed you." He kissed his mark making me shiver. "So damn much." He said as I remained quiet. I had planned to go off on him for hanging up on me but for some reason, my mind couldn't form words.

We stayed like that for a few more minutes until he carried me to the bedroom. He laid me down before taking off his shirt and pants and climbing into bed.
I couldn't lie, it felt good to be in his arms like this with his scent surrounding us.

"I missed you too," I whispered before drifting off to sleep not knowing whether or not he heard me.

<><>

"My parents came back." He told me but didn't bother to elaborate. We had woken up an hour ago and order room service, while he ordered a cheese omelet, I ordered blueberry pancakes with bacon on the side.

"What did they say?" I was afraid that they wouldn't approve of me and would try and convince Noah to move on. Why this was a fear of mine I had no clue. I didn't know much about Noah's parents, besides the fact that they were on vacation in Brazil and I had also heard from a few members of the pack that they were very traditional, so they probably disapproved of me leaving the pack to travel around the world.

"They want to meet you." He said as he continued to eat his breakfast. "But we can wait until you come back."

"Anything else." I nervously tapped my fingers on the table.

"No." With him avoiding me eyes I could tell that he was lying.

"Right," I said sarcastically and stuff and annoying amount of pancakes inside of my mouth.

"Fine, they're not- they just don't understand, but don't worry I just want you to be happy." I nodded suddenly feeling guilty of creating problems within his family. "So what's the plan?" He asks in an attempt to change the subject but his parents were still in the back of my mind. They were his parents and no matter how many times he said what they thought didn't matter I knew in my heart that it did. If my parents were still here I would care about what they though.

I forced a smile, "The Red Rock Canyon. "Red Rock Canyon is a canyon with 195,819 acres of land and is located 17 miles west of the Las Vegas Strip. I had been there once with my parents; with it being the last vacation that we took as a family I had a lot of good memories there. We hiked, had a picnic and my mom had gotten to paint a picture of the canyon that was somewhere in my aunt and uncle basement.

"Hiking?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Not exactly." I grabbed my phone, showing him a photo of the destroyed painting. "I haven't painted in years but I really wanna remake this."

The last time I had painted was the day that my parents died. I was making them a portrait of them for their anniversary. I had inherited my skills from my mom and painting without her somehow felt wrong. But as the years pass I yearned to pick up a paintbrush, clay even a pencil to create something and making this my first art project in years was exciting.