Chapter Twenty-Five: Resisting Everyone's Idea Of Perfection

LUNA ELLIE

"Finally, I was just about to kill myself," I whispered in Alex's ear just as I pulled her into a hug.

She pulled back in a panic, "What? Why?"

"Tell you about it later, come." I gestured for her to follow me back into the dining room.

After all the introductions were made between the other ladies and Alex we all finally sat down at the table and began eating lunch. As we ate Natalie being the annoying person she is insisted that we all share a few things about one another. I obliged only because I promised my mate that I would be on my best behavior.

When lunch was over we all headed into the living room for drinks and also to become further acquainted. I spent most of the time talking with Alex, but for some reason, I felt like she and I just didn't click. We spent quite some time together but still it felt awkward with her. Of course, I will continue to be nice to her for the sake of my cousin but I don't see a close friendship coming about. Tired of the fakeness in the room I quickly came up with a random excuse and headed upstairs, making sure to grab my bag before headed to the room that I was in when Noah was gone.

I tried sketching on my notepad but to be honestly I just wasn't really feeling it, Noah's words still heavily on my mind. Love you. Instead, I pulled out my phone and facetime Lily who was lying across her bed. "How's everything going?" I hadn't talked to her much since she had left so I was interested to see what else had transpired.

"Mom and dad are back cool, but he and I still aren't talking." She replied sadly. Lily and Uncle Paul were very close so it was no surprise that she was tore up about this.

"He'll get over it," I brushed it off hoping to take away some of her sadness. "He just needs time to see that you're growing up."

"I understand that but the way he talks to m..." She trailed off shaking her head. "He made me feel worthless, he called me a whore for goodness sake."

"What he said was wrong but I know he didn't mean it." I tried to reason with her.

"If he didn't mean it the words shouldn't have come out of his mouth. Besides it super annoying all the pressure that he puts on us to 'wait for our mate'," She emphasized, "It really not that big of a deal, if we do or don't that doesn't mean that I'm less of a person or less worthy of a mate."

I completely understood where she was coming from. In society and especially in werewolf society they preach most times to women, to wait for your mate and crucify those who don't. I myself did choose to wait for my mate but if Lily decided that she doesn't want to then I'm okay with that. Being a virgin doesn't mean that you are better than non-virgins.

"Just know that I support you in whatever you do." We talked a little while longer before she had to get off the phone. Going back to my notepad I somehow ended up sketching a few things around the room which entertained me for a while. Pulling out a thing of color pencils I begin coloring things in when I heard Alex scream.

Rushing out of the bedroom I ran down the stairs, "Alex are you okay?" Instead of responding she screamed once again.

"Calm down," Elizabeth soothed her before turning to April, "Go get her a cold rag," She ordered and April ran to the bathroom.

"What's happening?" Alex yelled frantically.

Noticing the signs, I immediately traced her pain pack to her mate. "It's Ryan," I told them.