chapter 3

"Ms Vázqueto, are you listening to what i am saying?" Mrs Ann-oying snarled. My day was going perfectly fine before this class.

'This is the first class you idiot' said Brittany.
'Only the first class? I feel like i have been here for centuries'
'You have 6 hours left for school to get over today. And today is just Monday. And the semester has only started a week ago. And you have 3 years to go.'
'Oh godd! Why do you have to remind me-'

"MS. VÁZQUETO! ARE YOU LISTENING?!" shouted Mrs. Annoying. "It's probably how i should pay attention in class and focus in studies and blah blah blah. Honestly, are all teachers given a script on how to scold a student, cause i swear Mr Haynez said the same thing last week, and before him Ms Camerina recited the same thing all over again."

"MS. VÁZQUETO TO THE-"

She was interrupted by the speaker. Thank god. I really don't want to deal with the principle on the first class of Monday.

"Ms Taylor Vázqueto is requested in the principle's office"

Are you kidding me? Oh come onn. Its like Satan is hellbent on me getting scolded by the principle. Besides, i didn't even do anything this time, i think as i walk out the door and take the very, very familiar route, though not before scowling at Mrs. Ann extremely smug face. My hands are itching to pass my fist across her face, as i am after all, a pacifist.

'Maybe it is about the girl that you punched for bullying a middle school kid?' Came Brittany's voice.

'First she deserved it. Second, the girl was too scared to tattle. Third, it was last Monday.'

I feel my phone vibrate,and open it to see a message from Ethan.

'Your new record is 25 minutes into the classes. Congrats. Though what did you do now? And are you alright?'

That's Ethan for you. He can be all fun and carefree and the next second protective and worried.

'I am surprised i could handle maths for that long. No i didnt do anything....that i am aware of, and yes i am fine. I'll talk to you after i visit Voldemort.'

Thats actually what the entire school call him since his name is Tom Piddle. I have grown on him, i guess, or he has given up on disciplining me, and so doesn't say anything to me.

I pass by Mrs Dupront, who is a really nice lady, has saved Ethan and i a lot of times when we got late.
"Ms. Rose (she likes calling me by my middle name) i wouldn't say i am surprised, but this is the fastest you have been called here. Though take care honey, a police officer just entered the office."

A police officer? No, it can't be about the streetfighting, since Ramirez has connections with the police. And i didn't do anything to trouble the law. What if Samantha (birth giver) did something?

I mask my worries with a blank face and enter the office.

Mr. Piddle was sitting on his chair, on a phone call, while a police officer is standing to his left. When he saw me, he ended the call. "How many times have i told you to knock on the door Ms Vázqueto?"

"Mr. Piddle..this has become our routine now hasn't it? Why even bother when you know i am not gonna knock? Besides, with the number of times i have been here, this is like my second house so chill." I say as i jump on the chair and put my legs on the table. 

Voldemort just sighs at this "So what did i do now?" I ask. 

Mr Piddle chuckles and says, "You know Taylor, it is usually the principle who asks this question." He then becomes serious and his eyes hold sympathy, which I hate.  

"Unfortunately Ms. Vázqueto,, your mother met with an accident and is no more. I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences are with you."

 I feel nothing. She was dead to me a long time ago. The last time i had seen her remotely sober was i think 2 years ago, when she woke up to tell me to make her dinner and then went to sleep again. 

Mr Piddle waits for a reaction, but when he fails to see one, he continues. "She was in a car with a drunk man, who was driving. At a crossroad, a truck came barrelling from the side and hit the car. The car was flipped and burst into flames. This happened today around 3 am, but the place was far away, and it took time to reach the family of the befallen, so the news came right now." He again waited for me to say something.

I just hummed. My mind was in a chaos though. The only reason i had stayed with mom was because i atleast had a legal guardian, and could stay here. Now i will be put in foster care. 

But Ramirez would not like that. 

What if he hurt Ethan and his family? No...i cant be put in the system. 

What if Ramirez adopts me? Is he legalised to do that? He is after all my mothers boyfriend. But why would he agree? 'To keep his best weapon of course.' Brittany said. However i don't want to live there. I can run away but only after ensuring the Grastians safety. Yes, thats exactly what i am going to do. 

"I will not be going to foster care or orphanage or whatever. Is there anyway of me to stay here?" I ask the officer. 

"Actually ms, we ran a thorough check for your relatives, and have found 5 brothers, who have agreed to take you in." 

"Five WHAT?" I choke out in shock. 

I quickly compose myself and ask," Are you sure they are my relatives?" 

"Positive" came the reply. 

"An-and what about their father?" I ask. 

"Your father had been missing since the past 2 years Ms. Vázqueto."

____________________________________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!