Chapter 4: Secrets

3rd Person POV
Today was a regular day for the Occult Research Club.

Another day of Kiba being the most popular boy at school, Issei being one of the biggest perverts, and Rias and Akeno being the Goddesses of Kuoh.

However, there was something inside the head of the proclaimed school mascot of Kuoh, Koneko Toujou.

Koneko POV
10 years.

10 years since he's been gone.

He would've been 18.

Today was Naoki's birthday.

I remember the times when Kuroka and I would celebrate in a little room for the 3 of us. We lost our parents, but we had each other. We celebrated like that each time it was our birthday.

I walked around all day and heard every one around me say something.

RB 1: Hey look! It's the mascot!

RB 2: God Damn she's so cute I could do her!

RG 1: Hey, is it me or it Koneko looking different?

RG 2: Yeah, she looks so...empty actually.

These bitches and assholes don't know my pain. They can suck it. They don't know what it's like to lose brother. A brother that.....cared for me when I was young, and bandaged me when I needed it.

Timeskip
It was now after school and I decided to go to my room and cry thinking of Naoki.

Why did he have to die? Why do I have to feel so alone now?

Naoki........I miss you.

I curled up into a ball and cried on my bed.

Rias POV
Koneko has some pacts to do but, with how things have been recently, I don't think that it is best for her to take them. Especially in the state she's in right now.

But something seems to be more different about her crying tonight. So I decided to check it out.

I went to Koneko's room and knocked on her door.

Rias: Koneko? May I come in?

I didn't here anything until after a few seconds.

Koneko: You....can come in.

Her voices sounds sad and in despair. Something is definitely wrong.

I entered her room and closed the door. I turned to see my room curled up into a ball.

Rias: Koneko, something is wrong isn't it? What's the matter?

Koneko looked up at me with red puffy eyes, and then looked back down.

3rd Person POV
Koneko tried to mentally prepare herself to tell Rias what she wanted to say.

Koneko: I-It's about Naoki.

Rias: What about Naoki?

Koneko: T-Today.....was Naoki's birthday.

Rias: Koneko....

Koneko began to cry again.

Koneko: *crying* I-I r-remember when w-we used to s-stay close to each other. H-He told m-me that h-he would always s-stay with me.

Rias continued to listen and be sad for her rook, but then began to suspect something of Koneko.

Rias: Koneko, there's more than just to his birthday, isn't there?

Koneko began to shake more and cry harder.

Koneko: *crying* H-H-He w-was t-the first boy I-I loved.