~THREE~

It took Liu Changsheng a fortnight to heal completely. In this period of time he came across a lot of revelations about his life this lifetime. For example his conflict with the restaurant owner Hua Feng, which didn't happen in his last life. Looks like these things are subtle factors that are different from the last life but he kept them in mind anyway.

A thought has always been there in his head. In his last life he wasn't aware of a lot of things that he seems to know now. He was too blind to look at the way the things were happening around him. He didn't realize in time of concubine Du poisoning the emperor's mother's food before it was too late. He didn't see someone was following him when he went to the emperor's study to confront him about his brother's imprisonment. He didn't see a lot of things. Those might have played a huge role in how things turned out.

He still remembers the day he came to know who saved him from the bandits. It was the tenth day of his confinement and Mu Ling was as usual talking to him about what is happening in the outside world. And he too as usual wasn't paying attention to the silly boy's banters. He was reading a book on secret weapons holding it with his left hand when Mu Ling suddenly dropped that information.

"Didn't young master ask who saved you from the bandits? I found the information from one of Lady Ming's maid. The other night first young master and lady Ming were talking something about the fourth prince. Xiao Lu swore it was about the fourth prince saving you. The servants from the East quarter clearly saw the fourth prince carrying young master into the house at dawn that day." At this point the silly servant boy started to get excited for his young master. He has known from the very first time his young master Liu fell in love with the fourth prince.

"Young master will surely be very excited to know how His Highness was holding you. He was holding you as if you were a pretty flower. So gentle! So majestic! Young master's efforts are finally paying off. The fourth prince finally noticed you young master. I think he thinks of you the same way!" Liu Changsheng scoffed in his mind. Huh? Think of him the same way? He'd have believed it if he didn't already lived through it once.

Mu Ling was sitting on the floor in front of the bed. Then as if something came into his mind suddenly he snapped his eyes to Liu Changsheng. He leaned closer to the fifth child of the house as if revealing a secret. "Oh! There's a rumour going around in the imperial city that fourth prince will be bestowed the title of Xiang Wang. Wouldn't it be great? You'll be the Xiang Wangfei in future!"

Xiang Wangfei? That's the title that was taken away from him. In this life he wasn't interested to have it anymore. To stop his servant from worshipping the prince that banished him from the country third young master Liu looked at the young boy at the side of his bed.

"Aye, silly boy. Who's your master? Aren't you worshipping the fourth prince too much?"

"Isn't it that young master is shy because of the talk about fourth prince?" Liu Changsheng knew who the Xiang Wang really was. But still his heart beat for him.

"Ni bi zui! Who's shy? I'm not shy!"

The silly servant boy started laughing uncontrollably making his young master glare at him.

Liu Changsheng was lost in his thoughts while getting ready. A maid was making his hair into a half updo. The rest of his flowy black hair were let lose to fall on his back. Today he's going to the carnival with his first elder brother and his wife lady Ming. After getting fully ready in his favourite colour ocean blue he got out to the outer house to meet his brother and sister-in-law.

There were two different carriages set for them. One for the first young master and his lady and the other was for Liu Changsheng. They reached the carnival not long after with three guards trailing closely behind them. The beauty all three of them were, they turned heads wherever they went. The carnival wasn't anything different. Liu Changsheng had some tea at the teahouse in the centre of the carnival and then with permission from his brother went to look around alone. His faithful servant, Mu Ling, following closely behind.

The difference stalls were bustling with people. Liu Changsheng walked gracefully to a stall of folding fans and umbrellas when a familiar figure caught his attention. Concubine Du was standing at the sweet cakes stall with Concubine Li and two maids. He stood in front of the folding fan stall and picked up a beautiful ocean blue fan to match with his outfit. All the while keeping an eye on the two concubines.

He remembers these two played a very important role in his downfall in the imperial palace. One by getting killed and the other by attempting poisoning the Dowager empress and later putting the blame on him.

He knows he doesn't wanna meddle in the imperial palace affairs anymore, but he doesn't want Concubine Li to die either. In his last life that girl was the only one from the imperial harem that ever felt like a friend to him. He'll just do this one thing and then he'll never meddle in the palace affairs ever again.

Liu Changsheng opened the fan held it in front of his face and casually walked to the sweet cakes stall. Without removing the fan from in front his face he orders.

"Lao bai. Two pumpkin seeds cakes."

His voice attracted the attention of both the ladies and their maids. The subtle change in temperament in Concubine Du's eyes wasn't left unseen by Liu Changsheng. He was pretty proud about his skills anyway. He just stays aloof and waited for the right time to find Concubine Li alone which was really a hard thing.

While leaving the stall he left behind a ocean blue embroidered handkerchief intentionally making it look like he forgot it. He left with Mu Ling to the other end of the carnival by the side of the port. The water made beautiful sounds giving Liu Changsheng a warmth he didn't have in last five years. Mu Ling sat at a distance looking at his young master and wondering what happened to him.

That's when two delicate footsteps sounded from not far away. Young master Liu's lips curved upwards in a smirk. And when the beautiful delicate figure with her face covered with a thin gauze stood behind him he was sure he was playing his cards right this time.

Hello guys welcome back to another chapter! I hope you enjoy and keep supporting!

All the love
C 💕

Also please don't forget to vote!