12.5 The Deal With The Dragon

1st Day of the Island exam.

After getting rejected by Kiyo.

(Don't take it out of context...)

Ryuuen POV

I had initially planned to form the contract with Class A. But now that they refused it I have no choice but to go to Class B. 

Considering that Sakayanagi was not present on the island forming the deal with Katsuragi shouldn't have been too much of a problem.

But the third leader of their Class, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka ended up getting in my way and convinced Katsuragi to reject my proposal.

The only reason I'd even made the backup plan of forming the deal with Class B is because of his existence.

Not only is he the only first year to join the student council, he also ended up scoring 101 points in the midterms. 

When I researched a bit more about him I found out that he's one of the 3 people in Class A who want to take the position of the leader.

Considering his existence it was indeed possible that I fail to make the deal with Class A, so I'd already considered a backup plan in that case.

"Ryuuen-Kun.... What are you doing here?" Ichinose asked me, her other classmates who noticed me were also vary of me.

After walking away from Katsuragi and Ayanokoji I'd now arrived at the Class B's base camp.

"Kukuku, no need to be so wary of me. I'm here to form an alliance." 

"Alliance? Don't joke around, why would we ever want to form an alliance with you of all people!" Kanzaki shouted at me.

"Kuku isn't that all the more reason to do that? If we form an alliance you won't have to worry 'bout getting attacked from us." 

"Ichinose, he's dangerous.This is probably one of his underhanded strategies, we shouldn't listen to him." Kanzaki kept on trying to keep Ichinose from hearing what I've got to say.

"Kukuku, you can come and listen to what I've gotta say too. If you don't like my idea we can just go on our own way."

Kanzaki who was still skeptical of me looked towards Ichinose who nodded at him. They both then moved closer to me and I told them about the contract.

"I see... so Class C will buy us all we need using 200 points and provide us with the name of the leader of one of the other Class. In exchange every student of Class B will transfer 20,000 points to Ryuuen-Kun every month." Ichinose said as she read the contract.

"While its certainly a deal which favors us more than him.... I don't know if its a good idea to form a deal with Ryuuen." Kanzaki said to Ichinose who was thinking about what to do.

After thinking for around a minute she opened her eyes and spoke up.

"I would like to change some things in the deal."

"Kukuku, and what are those things you want to change?"

"The first and the most important condition is that Class C is not allowed to guess the leader of Class B and vice-versa."

So neither of our Classes would be guessing the name of the leader of the other Class.

"If we're forming an alliance isn't that a natural rule?" Kanzaki asked Ichinose. Wondering why she is asking for such an obvious agreement.

"While it's true that not guessing each other's leaders would be common knowledge, but even if Ryuuen-Kun would do any such thing there would be no way for us to punish him for that. Even if we have all of our Classmates testify it won't mean much. But if this point is made clear in the contract then there would be no chance of betrayal."  Ichinose said seeing through my plan.

As long as It wasn't in the contract there was nothing stopping me from guessing Class B's leader, but now that she's asked for it to be in the deal, there's no way for me to deny it.

If I do, my intentions of betraying them would be clear.

"Of course, go ahead and write that in the contract, although I hadn't planned on any such things in the first place."

"Of course you didn't." Ichinose said in a sarcastic voice and a smile as she wrote the condition in the contract.

"The second condition is that you'll write the name of the leader which you're providing us in front if us. If we're indeed going to guess the same leader I don't think that should be a problem." Ichinose continued with the demands.

If I'm providing them with the leader of Class A, then I'll be guessing the leader's name in front of Ichinose.

"Sure, that's all?"

"Yeah, as long as you agree to these conditions, I don't have any problems forming the deal with you." Ichinose said and we proceeded to sign the contract.

Ichinose and I both took one copy of the contract and I walked back to the beach.

Yeah this was just a short chapter to show the deal between Ryuuen and Class B.

I'll still try, updating this fic in under a week.

If anyone has any doubts about it please ask here.

Also if there are any changes you want me to make in the contract please suggest them too.

Till the next chapter

Byeeeeeeeeeee