17. A Failed Attempt.

Horikita POV

It has been a few days since I came back on the ship. Due to my failure I was unable to make any progress towards my goal.

I'm still not sure if that's the case but there's a chance that Kushida-san is the one who told Ayanokoji-kun about the leader's identity back on the island. 

I still don't have any proof of her betrayal and am not sure about it myself. 

Kushida-san is well liked by all of the first years, whether it be our classmates or students from the other classes. 

But when I confronted her back in April she admitted that she hates me. 

I still don't understand the reason for her hatred but it's probably related to the incident she'd caused back in her middle school, which I don't even know the details about. 

Even so, she managed to make all of our classmates pass through the midterms using those old question papers. 

Why would she betray the class even though she saved many of our classmates before?

That makes me think that I'm doubting her too much...

Another theory came into my mind; Ayanokoji-kun is forcing Kushida-San into betraying the class. 

It would make sense too. Ayanokoji-kun proved to me on the island that he is as sly as a fox. Maybe he has gotten hold of Kushida-san's weakness. 

If that turns out to be the case... I'll have to save Kushida-san from him. 

*Sigh* I let out a tired sigh. I haven't totally recovered from my fever yet. 

But that doesn't mean that I can postpone my plan. It has to be done as soon as possible... 

I've already decided on my plan. Now all that's left is to execute it. 

"I guess it would be right for me to assume that you called me here?" A voice called out to me, I looked up and it was Ayanokoji-kun standing there with his terrifying eyes looking down at me. 

"There isn't anyone else who goes by the name of Horikita Suzune, is there?" I replied with my eyes closed, trying to calm myself down for what will happen next. 

He proceeds to sit on the chair in front of mine. 

"Order what you want to, I'm paying." I said. 

"So the food is free?" He asked.

"Nevermind." I replied. 

"What did you call me here for?" He asked me, it seems as if he didn't want to spend any more time here. 

"You did a great job back at the island, you successfully provoked me into using violence and were able to get me disqualified from the exam, it was a cowardly and underhanded tactic. Even so, it was my fault for falling for it. It was your victory this time, but I'll defeat you in the next special exam." I looked him in the eyes as I completed speaking. 

That was a bad idea, he's still terrifying. 

"What are you talking about Horikita? I never provoked you on the island, I still don't fully understand why you suddenly attacked me back then, but I never expected you to pass the blame on me." 

Huh? Why is he lying!? Did he perhaps-

"But it's fine, Horikita. After all, if you didn't tell me about your leader's identity, Class A would've never been able to find your class's leader. I'll transfer you the promised amount right now." He said and started fiddling with his phone.