Chapter 5

The film company was so generous that they even invited the international Film Emperor, He Han, to play the leading man, attracting much heat to the topic. “Lurking in the Bund” was a series favored by all parties.

Ye Fan was the stand-in for Tang Jin in this series, and it was because of Tang Jin’s conceited personality that she was unwilling to film any scenes where she would have to endure any hardships such as falling into water or off horses by herself and had a stand-in do it instead.

And the outside world did not know this side of Tang Jin. All of them thought that Tang Jin was a good-natured beauty.

When Ye Fan arrived at the set, an assistant immediately came over and said, “Get your makeup done first, then get changed. You’ll begin filming after that.”

The assistant brought Ye Fan into the dressing room. After sitting down, the makeup artist looked at her and lamented, “Gosh, you’re beautiful.”

Ye Fan’s skin was fair and delicate and she had fine features. With just a little makeup, her face could be transformed into an even more dazzling sight.

In her opinion, Ye Fan was way prettier than most of the other actresses. Even the darling little Tang Jin was no match for her.

The makeup artist took another glance at Ye Fan.

What a pity, that someone as pretty as her could only be a stand-in.

After her makeup was done, Ye Fan changed her clothes and came out of the dressing room.

Everyone was looking at her.

Their gazes stopped first on that fair and slender pair of hands that were resting on the door, looking as if it was covered in a layer of pearlescent light.

Her wonderful figure was hidden beneath the turquoise qipao, but the sight of her long slender neck and the curvature of her slender waist could still be seen.

Upon moving their gaze upwards a little, they were greeted with the sight of a fine and beautiful face.

Her skin was white like snow with a set of beautiful facial features, every part of her was beautiful.

She was a natural-born beauty, and she looked like she had just stepped out of the front page of a magazine.

Everyone went silent when they saw Ye Fan.

Ye Fan looked to the tall figure at the front. That was the leading man of this series, the Film Emperor He Han.

Who was He Han, you ask?

He is our Mr. Box Office King with his divine acting skills that are renowned in the country, with fans of all ages cheering for him.

He Han was able to win the Best Supporting Actor award for his very first role in a TV series. Then, he joined the film industry and participated in many box office hits.

He Han has also cooperated with all the nation’s greatest directors and received good reviews from them. In succession, he won the Golden Film Award, the Golden Horse Award, and the Cannes Film Award, as Film Emperor, establishing his foothold in the film industry.

This time, He Han returned to film a TV series. Rumors say that it was to repay the director for his grace many years before.

At this moment, He Han just happened to turn around and looked right at Ye Fan. His cool gaze moved over and his expression remained icy.

He Han had clear-cut features with dark eyes, a sharp jaw, and thin lips.

Not a single part of him was unsightly, and it was hard to look away from him.

He Han had already changed into his costume.

At this moment, he was wearing a military uniform on his refined figure, with a black leather belt secured around his waist. He had a straight back that embodied the pride of a military man in a vivid display.

His peaked cap was pressed down low, barely revealing the set of cold eyes.

But Ye Fan’s heart did not fluctuate. In fact, she was very calm. No matter how outstanding he was, He Han had nothing to do with her.

He Han had no idea that he had a child, nor the fact that anything happened between the two of them. The only person who knew was the original Ye Fan.

So, Ye Fan was able to face He Han with calm.

The director asked Ye Fan and He Han over to him and briefed them about the scene. Ye Fan could only steel herself and walk over.

This is a scene where the male and female leads happened to bump into the people who were searching for them in an alley. Seeing that the enemy was near, the two of them pretended to kiss in the height of anxiety and managed to fool the person.