14

"That's it?" Inna leaned against the plexiglass wall, her elbows resting on the railing. The cool evening breeze fluttered her Redemption chiffon skirt.

"That's it, babe." Duncan Eze's attention was fixed on the long-legged beauty whose skirt fluttered in the breeze to reveal perfect thighs. "Wear Eze Gear ties." He pulled his phone from his back pocket. "Photos like these build my brand. By the time I launch, people will be hot for my ties."

"No male models?" asked Inna.

"Not yet. You're gorgeous and make style look effortless." Duncan stepped close, his hand caressing her leg. "I want you."

"I see that." Inna stroked his chin. "I'll earn a salary, right?"

"Mm-mm." Sliding his hand around the curve of Inna's thigh he lowered his head and nuzzled the sensitive spot behind her ear. "You know where I want these gorgeous legs now?"

The man had skills; Inna gave him credit for that. Major bedroom skills.

"What's my salary?" Inna pressed her thighs together. Tight. A No Fun Until I Know The Details Of My Employment tight.

"This much." Undaunted, Duncan put his fingers in his waistband and push down a few inches of his joggers.

"I get that for free." She yanked his pants up. "I'm serious, Duncan. I need money. An income."

Duncan stepped back, crossed his arms. "Minimum wage."

Mnem did the math. Three-thousand dollars wasn't enough to live on in this city. Coffee was five dollars alone. An entrée at a decent restaurant over thirty. Designer shoes were over the five-hundred mark.

Inna spread her arms wide and wiggled her hips. "Sugar, does anything about me look minimum?"

Duncan's eyes roved up and down her body. "No, ma'am, it does not."

"That's right. I'm straight up maximum supreme."

"I agree, babe, but it's an easy job. A girl job. Take a few selfies, post them, that's all."

"A girl job?" Inna bristled. "A good photo must be staged and lighted correctly. I'll need to write engaging..." She snapped her fingers. "Copy. It will require researching hashtags, understanding analytics. Planning. Strategizing."

Duncan's eyebrows shot upwards, his lips curling with approval. "Sounds like you already know what you're doing."

"I will not just be taking and posting photos. I'll be a social media director for Eze Gear."

Duncan took Inna's hand in his. "Here's my offer. I'll pay you three-thousand dollars this month. That's a hundred dollars a day. After thirty days we'll renegotiate." He gave her a hard look, then brought her palm to his lips for a kiss. "I work hard for my money, Inna."

"I know you do—"

"I practice more than anyone on the team. Most days, I'm there before anyone else. I stay late. Live clean. Eat clean. Plan for my future." He turned, swept his long arm from right to left. "I'm not frivolous."

Inna cocked an eyebrow.

"Not like the others." Duncan wagged his finger. "Minimum wage until you prove your worth."

Inna folded her arms. "Have you decided who will be manufacturing Eze Gear?"

Duncan's eyebrows lifted. "I see my girl has some business savvy." His eyes widened with newfound respect.

"Don't call me girl."

"Right. I forgot." His eyes tapered for a moment. He was not used to a woman scolding him. He wasn't sure if he liked it or not. "Either China or India. They're the cheapest."

Inna sighed. "Then I will not work for you."

"What? Why?"

"You're selling Nigerian print products. Make them in Nigeria. They once had a thriving textile trade. I will only work for you if your products are ethically sourced and your workers paid a fair living wage."

Duncan spread out his basketball dunking hands. "Girl...um...Inna..."

"A fair wage. Use Nigerian workers." Inna set her hands on her hips, stood tall. "You don't need the money. Many people, the customers you want—that you want to attract—will feel good about themselves. They won't mind paying more for something that's ethically sourced."

"I don't know." His face creased, unconvinced.

"Have a portion of the profits go to scholarships for Nigerian students."

"A scholarship..." Duncan rubbed his chin, the creases blooming into a big grin. "My own scholarship. I like that." He tilted his head. "Since when are you all about justice and good deeds?"

"That's just who I am."

"I like that." He kissed her cheek. "You gave me some great things to think about. My dad would like a Duncan Eze scholarship. And he would definitely want me to manufacture my apparel in Nigeria."

Inna wrapped her arms around Duncan, rested her chin on his hard-muscled chest and peered up. "Then make your dad proud."

Duncan lifted Inna up, cupped her buttocks with both hands, and headed inside. "I'd love to hear more of your business ideas, babe."

"Really?"

"When you're naked I'm bound to agree to anything."

Inna laughed, wrapped her legs and arms around him. For a split second she forgot she was mortal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~