CHAPTER 16

LUNA'S POV

The match between Karasuno and Shiratorizawa was so intense. Even I could see it. But in the end, Karasuno won. When Hinata scored the last point, I somehow got  goosebumps. 

When Karasuno lined up to thank the audience, I got off Iwaizumi's lap (as they switch because it's have been a long time since I sat on Oikawa's) and rushed in front. I hop a little in excitement while giving a big clap. "Yeayy!!" I shouted loudly.

They noticed me and give me a glance. They all seem tired but still smiling. Yachi hugged me when she found me. She was crying too. I lend her my handkerchief so she can wipe the tears away.

When I and the boys met at the bus, Tanaka was the first to carry me into the bus seat. He somehow looked angry as his eyebrows frown deeply. I'm not sure why tho...

"Princess you..." Tanaka began to say something but he looked hesitant to continue. Tsukishima stood beside Tanaka and grab both my shoulders.

"You really just go around and seduce other boys huh?" Tsukishima said with a deep and scary voice. His very angry face made me flinch. "Every time you wander off, you come back with tons of boys following you like a dog." He pinched my chin with his fingers. I whimpered in fear and confusion as I didn't know what I did wrong.

"Should we just lock you up?" When Tsukishima said those words, I shuddered remembering some memories of my previous home.

Alone.

Cold.

Hungry.

Hurt.

My head felt dizzy. My breathing turned ragged. It's all blurry in my eyes. "N-no..." The past memories flashed in front of my eyes. Tears trickled down my cheeks. I could feel my body trembling.

I shakily raised my hands trying to push Tsukishima away. I couldn't breath. My chest hurt so much. "Agh..huh..."

Then, a pair of hands lift me up and embrace me on his lap. Hands placed on my face making me looked up to his face. "Calm down Luna. Breath with me please." His voice was so soothing and soft. "That's it. Take a deep breath, and breath out. Good girl. Again. Breath in..breath out."

Suga...?

A hand reached out and brush away my hairs on my face. I could feel my forehead is sweaty, but the hand slowly wipe it. I took a glance to my side and saw it was Daichi.

"You are doing a good job princess. It's okay, I'm here." Daichi said grabbing my hand in his warm hand. His other hand still gently carress my hair.

Suga begin to rub my back softly. The stuffed feeling in my chest begin to subside. I could take a breath easily now. My eyes getting heavier. "Sleep princess, we got you. You will always be safe." Suga whispered in my ears. I could feel he and Daichi kissed my cheeks.

The warmth that enveloped me at the moment made me realise I'm not alone anymore. I closed my eyes and then, just like that, I fell asleep.

THIRD POV

There was only the sound of Luna's soft breathing in the silent bus. The Karasuno team watched the scene unfold without a word.

Hinata was the one who break the silence. "Sh-she...wha-what was that?" His face reflected horror. The state of her trembling made him wanted to cry. Luna looked like she was in a great pain.

Kageyama's face was very pale. "She was having panic attack..." He clenched his fist and went to punch Tsukishima. But Tanaka manage to hold him back.

"You f*cking d*ck! Why the f*ck you said that to her?!" Kageyama yelled in frustration. He struggled to beat Tsukishima. His teeth clenched hard. Veins popped up from his neck.

Tsukishima stood motionless. "I... don't know that she would...be like that." His gaze stucked on the floor. Couldn't meet anyone's eyes. Regret. He regret it.

Daichi stood up. "Everyone calm down. Luna is sleeping."

Suga still carressing Luna's back. He himself didn't know whether his action right now was to calm the girl or to calm himself. He was holding himself back from beating Tsukishima. "Kageyama. Lower your voice."

He lifted up his gaze and looked at everyone's faces. His face clearly showed how pissed off he is at the moment.

"Let this be lesson to all. Don't ever EVER said any harsh words to Luna. We all know she was abused for years. But...s-she still not fully heal despite her cheery personally." Sugawara said in a grim voice.

All the boys nods their head. Tsukishima knew his slipped of tongue have triggered Luna's past memories. "...Sorry." He said.

Daichi sighed. "Everyone should be more cautious from now on. It's not only Tsukishima's fault. We all guilty too for letting this happens." He said while crossing his arms.

The boys all felt rage when they saw Luna talking with Shiratorizawa before the game start. She was standing exactly i front of the entrance of the court, making Karasuno saw it all. However...the previous rage have disappeared when they saw how terrified she was. And now, regret was all they felt.

It was only one sentence. It was all it took for Luna to crumbled. Imagine if they really lock her up. They afraid she would gone insane.

*
*
*

At night, Hinata video called with his best friend, Kenma. He told Kenma what have happened after the match.

"I was scared! She was trembling badly! And-and she was crying and couldn't breath..." Hinata put his hands on his cheeks.

"But thank goodness Sugawara-san manage to calm her down." Hinata pouted.

Kenma, who have been listening quietly from the beginning opened his mouth. "Why did she suddenly have a panick attack?"

"Uh..maybe because Tsukishima said he wanted to lock her up?" Hinata said nervously. "You know...she have been abused right?" Hinata asked Kenma.

"Yeah. You told me last week." Indeed, the story Hinata told him have confirmed Kenma's theory about Luna being abused.

"Well maybe she was remembering what had happened in past when Tsukishima said that." Hinata said fiddling with his fingers.

"A-and...I think...our plan to kidnap her is bad." Hinata said looking down.

Kenma was silent for a while. "Yes...she might lump us together with her abuser."

Before this, Hinata and Kenma did planned to just keep Luna for themselves.

But now....

It's clear hesitation written in both their faces.

Kenma not even sure if Nekoma's plan to take Luna away was good. They may succeed in kidnapping Luna, but the effect that will happen to her? She will surely never smile again.

"I will...explain this to my team." Kenma said in a low voice. Imagining the small girl crying was painful to him.

"Yeah...I think...umm even though no one in my team said this, I think they are reconsidering the plan to make Luna theirs only." Hinata said with a sad face. The side where his beloved was panicking making him scared thay he wanted to throw up.

In the end, both boys hanged up thinking the previous plan to taking Luna away from the world, is a very bad plan.

Wounds in the delicate girl's heart never heal. They were indeed distracted by her pure nature, that they forgot you still carry the bleeding scars.