Prologue

*Picture: Book cover, made by the awesome DelilahStravos*

Prologue

"Please sir, I don't want to do this!" the woman cries, the small black handgun shaking in her terrified fingers.

"It's alright, meu amuri, listen carefully and it will all be over soon, very soon" the gentleman says with what could almost be mistaken as affection in his voice. He strokes the woman's cheek with his gloved hand then roughly grabs her chin, turning her head away from the bound and bleeding man kneeling at her feet. Looking into her petrified eyes, he licks his lips and says "Now, thank your husband for putting you in this situation. When you steal money from my family, we collect in one way or another. Killing you does not put money back into my pocket, but I cannot simply ignore this debt. You must make a payment, you must."

The husband attempts to stand up but the accomplice quickly shoves him back down onto his knees in front of his wife. The gentleman then walks behind the woman, gently lifts her arms and trembling hands, forcing her point the gun at her husband's head.

Her pleading and crying does not sway the gentleman or the accomplice, they have heard it all a hundred times.

"Now, squeeze..."

"NOOO" she sobs.

"All you are doing is making your face wet."

POP!

The husband falls, dead at her feet. She begins to really scream now, not the blubbering, sobbing she was doing only moments before. She tries to drop the gun but the gentleman's hands are still forcing her to hold it. He releases her hands long enough for her to be able to pull her left hand out of his grip, but in her right hand he still presses the gun in her palm. The gentleman moves her arm around and places the gun to her right temple.

The woman now realizes she won't have to live with being forced to kill her husband, she won't be alive to feel the guilt and relive the memory of this horrible night. They had planned to kill her all along.

With the gun at her temple she makes a decision. She won't allow him to take her life, won't give him the satisfaction. She will do it herself. She suddenly begins fighting with the man, trying to put the gun in her mouth, hoping the bullet might go through her head and into his. But he is too strong. The accomplice had begun wiping the room down, removing any evidence of their being in the room, but when he saw the struggle he runs back over to assist the gentleman. The two men gain control and the gun is once again pressed to her temple. The woman gives up once again and begins a small, quiet prayer.

"In another life I may have taken you for my wife. Beautiful and a temper, my favorite combination." The gentleman and the accomplice both maneuver the woman's hand to the angle that would be natural for her to hold a gun to her head. The gentleman uses his gloved hand to once again put his finger over hers, to force her to pull the trigger.

"Praying does not sway me, meu amuri, for there is no God in my world."

POP!