Chapter 26 - Voyage of the Damned

Voyage of the Damned, part 2 -

Sparks were flying around them and they all fell to the floor with a jolt. The Doctor threw himself over the Oracle to try and shield her, then he held her tightly as they jumped away from an explosion. Afterwards everything went quiet and only people's whimpers were heard, fire and chaos around them.

"It's alright, sweetheart", Morvin told Foon as the Time Lords got up.

"Well, you were right", she muttered, fixing her dress quickly.

"Shush, it's stopping."

The Oracle helped Astrid up, "Are you alright?"

"I think so", she took her help and brushed herself off.

The Doctor turned to them, "Bad name for a ship. Either that or this suit is really unlucky."

"Wow. Must be one of those two, huh?", the Oracle shook her head at him, before dropping it to see one of the Stewards underneath some rubble.

She leaned down and checked his pulse, then she looked at the other Steward who she had noticed was looking at her expectantly and shook her head pitifully.

The Steward immediately got back to work, "Er, everyone. Ladies and gentlemen, Bannakaffalatta. I must apologise on behalf of Max Capricorn Cruiseliners. We seem to have had a small collision."

General outrage occurred and he tried to get the attention back, "If I could have silence, ladies, gentlemen. Please. Quiet! Thank you. I'm sure Max Capricorn Cruiseliners will be able to reimburse you for any inconvenience, but first I would point out that we're very much alive."

While he was talking Astrid noticed that Mister Copper had a cut on his head and went to him, trying to get the Oracle's attention to him. While Astrid was holding her Apron to his head to still the bleeding the Oracle raised her skirt to get to the bigger-on-the-inside purse that she had strapped to her right thigh.

"Are you alright? Feel dizzy or anything?", she quickly checked for concussion while she got a little water bottle, a disinfectant spray and a band aid from the purse.

"No, it's alright. Just the cut. You were prepared for everything, huh?", he chuckled.

"I do travel with the most accident-prone man in the universe", she told him as she was fixing the cut before handing him the rest of the water bottle to drink up.

The steward walked to a door, "She is, after all, a fine, sturdy ship. If you could all stay here while I ascertain the exact nature of the situation."

The Doctor quickly turned to him, "Don't open it!"

But it was too late. The steward opened the door and was sucked out as everybody else quickly grabbed something to hold onto so that wouldn't happen to them as well. The Doctor climbed his way to the control panel that said "Vacuum Breach" and sonicked it.

"Oxygen shield stabilised", the computer came from the speakers.

The Doctor turned to the group who were all trying to catch their breath, "Everyone alright? Oracle?

"Yeah", she nodded.

He quickly called out everyone's names to which they all nodded, "Foon? Morvin? Mister Copper? Bannakaffalatta?"

Then he turned to the man with the fake-antique jacket and asked, "You? What was your name?"

"Rickston Slade", he seemed to be the only one out of the group who had completely relaxed again.

"You alright?", the Doctor asked.

"Yeah, no thanks to that idiot", he fixed his bowtie arrogantly.