Chapter 34

"The body longs for a body, the soul wants to unite with a soul. And often the desires are confronted with a dilemma between the body and the soul."

🖤🖤

The path back from the bath didn't seem as long. My baggy dress hung on my body like a shroud, but without my underwear, it was a lot cosy and breezy. The moment I had stepped out of the warm water, the chill had hit me hard. With drops of water still trickling down from my wet hair, I made my way to the room, sometimes shivering from the freezing air.

Mrithun sprang up from the sofa, his eyes giving me a once over before settling on my chest. I noted that the girls were perky from the cold and looking straight at him, owing to no underwear. Instinctively, I crossed my arms over my chest. Mrithun must have realised he had been staring.

"I-um- you're back," he said, lowering his gaze and scratching his chin.

Somehow he looked cute, like a teenager with his hormones raging wild. Who would have guessed he's as old as the times. I giggled and moved towards the mirror.

Mrithun sat down gingerly on the couch again. Gone was the relaxed posture. He seemed to be on the edge as he shuffled and shifted in his seat. I grabbed a wooden comb from the dresser and brushed my hair slowly, all the while looking at him through the mirror. He was trying his best not to look up. His hands were balled into fists, in a semblance of self-restraint.

"You can look at me, you know. You'll crush your own bones by the amount of force you're putting on your palm," I laughed.

He lifted his gaze and looked straight at me, our eyes meeting through the mirror. A warm feeling started gurgling in the pit of my stomach. There was something different about his gaze. It was pure desire and worship mixed with a concoction of unknown emotions.

"You're beautiful," he breathed finally.

That broke the moment again, as the earlier insecurities rushed back into my mind.

"You haven't seen what I look like," I whispered, sitting down at the foot of the bed, just opposite to his couch so that we were face to face.

"Then show me," he said, without breaking eye contact.

"What?" I blinked in shock.

"I'd like to kiss all of you, every inch, every perfect imperfection that you feel you have," he drawled, still looking at me. He hadn't blinked even once.

"I- I don't know..."

"I'm sorry." He shook his head as if coming out of a trance. "I didn't know why I said all those things."

"Let's go to sleep," I mumbled.

I was surprised at the disappointment lacing my voice. It was as if I really wanted him to touch me, to kiss me, to own me in every way possible, body and soul.

"I can't sleep, so I'll watch you sleep," he laughed.

"Well, that would be creepy. You can at least close your eyes and pretend."

"I'm bad at pretending."

"I'll teach you how to, now that we have to stay here for some time."

That brought a big smile to his face. I patted the space on the bed next to me. His eyes widened, but he came over and sat beside me.

"Now close your eyes," I said.

"Show me how to."

I frowned, but nevertheless, I let my heavy eyelids fall on my field of vision. And something soft landed on my cheek, something warm and hungry. He had taken a perfect opportunity to steal a kiss. I wanted to open my eyes, but I didn't want the magic of the moment to be over.

"I wish you could teach me to dream," he breathed.

"Why?" I asked, eyes still closed.

"Because then I could get a hundred more kisses like this every night without inhibitions."

"When did I stop you?" I blurted.

His lips were back on my other cheek, meandering dangerously close to my lips.

"Should I?" he asked softly, his breath blowing warm on me. How come, someone whose skin is ice cold, have warm lips and breath?

"Just a kiss." My voice was groggy. The butterflies in my stomach had flown to my brain, and I was feeling light-headed. I didn't dare open my eyes yet.

He didn't need any more invitations. He cupped my face in his hands, his icy fingers sending chills down my spine and yet wherever his fingers lingered. A mellow warmth seemed to soak through my skin, down to my bones. His lips lingered on my cheeks for a second before they landed right on mine. They were crushing and eager. I didn't respond. I just let myself drown in the feel of his mouth on mine.

He drew back for a second before pressing both his lips on my lower lip. My lips parted automatically in response as his soft lips engulfed my bottom lip completely, sucking lightly. A satisfied sigh escaped from deep down his throat. Then his lips meandered to my upper lips, which he lapped up with equal fervour before trapping both my lips in his. My mouth melted into his like the key for a lock, like they were created for him only.

I threw my arms around him as he drew me closer. Our bodies were pressed against each other and suddenly I was aware of my underwear-less state. My girls were rubbing against his chest, definitely poking him. I laughed suddenly.

He drew back as my eyes fluttered open. He gave me a puzzled look.

I pointed a finger at my chest and his. The boyish grin of satisfaction was worth it as he seized my lips again, his fingers knotting through my hair, and pressed his chest closer to me. My arms encircled his trunk, feeling the distinct curve of his back as I gripped him tightly.

This time when he drew back, he had some sort of animal passion burning in his eyes. He flicked his fingers, and the door shut with a soft click. I didn't realise that the door was unlocked. The simple act of him wanting more privacy dug up the deepest desires in me. In the volatile world of eternal life and death and curses and monsters, this little moment seemed like a gift from heaven - hell to be precise.

His big arms wrapped around me, his lips finding the perfect spot behind my ear. Then he blew a trail of kisses down to my neck, lingering over my exposed collarbone. I shuddered. His fingers were tugging at the upper edge of my dress. I held my breath as he exposed my shoulders by sliding the hem of the dress over my arms. His mouth replaced the fingers almost immediately. Each touch was like a matchstick on a rough stone.

I didn't realise when prying lips and fingers had robbed us both of our clothes, but everywhere that he touched me, my skin was being ignited like a hundred fireworks shooting across the sky. I couldn't get enough of him, as my hands roamed on his chest, gently ruffling the fluffy hair and kissing every inch of exposed skin. It was as if sky and earth had met at the horizon, drowning in a golden sea of passions. Skin to skin, heart to heart and soul to soul, we connected on an ethereal level of bliss.

With him, kissing felt like the highest level of intimacy. I didn't even want anything more. We rolled with each other, top and bottom, up and down, our breaths colliding in a frenzy of lust and we just kissed, kissed like that was the end of the world.

🖤🖤🖤

Author's Note: This chapter is a special treat to the readers who've been with me for so long. Hope you all like this little moment shared between our favourite characters.