Chapter 23

-Emiko POV-

Tetsuya walked to me before going onto the field.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Be careful" he said and I nodded.
"Don't worry" I said. "I'll be fine"

"The game between Seirin High and Kirisaki Daichi High will now begin!" announced the referee. "Bow!"
"Let's have a good game!" they all shouted.

We got the ball first and Tetsuya immeadiatly used his Vanishing Drive.
"Yes!" I shouted.
He passed the ball to Kagami who dunked it immeadiatly.
"We got the first score!" said Tsuchida.

Someone screened Hyuga way too hard.
"Oh come on!" I shouted. "That's a foul"
I saw one stand on Kagami's foot so he couldn't jump.

'These guys are really pissing me off!'
"Kagami!" I shouted when I saw what the guy was going to do.
Kagami dodged the elbow just in time.

"Is this data for real?" asked Koganei when he looked at the charts. "Every team that's played Kirisaki Daichi has had injuries"
"Their aces and star players are always taken out" said Tsuchida.

"They were just another strong school until last year" said Riko. "Since Hanamiya and the other second years started leading them, there's been an obvious increase in this kind of thing. What he did to Teppei last year... Hanamiya Makoto couldn't be a dirtier player"
"Hyuga-senpai!" I shouted when I saw the other team got the rebound.
But Kiyoshi blocked the elbow of the other player.

-Kiyoshi POV-

"That was close" said Hanamiya. "We almost crushed four-eyes. Stay out of our way. Next time it might be someone you can't reach"
He looked at Maeda...

"I don't care if I'm the only one who gets hurt" I said. "But I can't stand you injuring my teammates! Hanamiya! I will definitely take you down!"
He smiled...

-Kasamatsu Yukio POV-

"What is the referee doing?" shouted Kise. "He must be blind!"
"They're doing it so he can't see" I said. "In some ways, it's an impressive skill"
"They should practice normally instead of improving that skill!" shouted Hayakawa.

"He's right! Not that I can tell what he's saying!" said Kise.
"We would be fine, but this is tough for a team like Seirin that has barely enough players" I said.
"Either way, it's not a game that makes you feel good when you're watching it" said Moriyama.

"They do have a medical specialist" said Kise. "But she's starting to scare me"
I looked at Emiko, who was indeed looking very pissed off.
I noticed her clenched fists and she was trying to control herself.

Hyuga was missing a lot.
And then... Kagami lost it first.
But Kuroko managed to stop Kagami from hitting the other player by tackling him to the ground.

"Hah, Maedacchi does that a lot" said Kise.
I noticed something else, Emiko wasn't sitting down. She stayed standing up...

-Emiko POV-

I hit Kagami on the head.
"What were you thinking, you moron?!" I shouted.
"With you out, we'll lose things we could've won!" shouted Riko. "If you're going to do it, don't make it obvious!"

"That's what you meant?!" said Izuki.
"Maeda" said Hyuga and I saw his arm.
"I'll give you some ice" I said and took out the ice from the cooling box I brought.

I was getting angrier and angrier...
I felt hands on my shoulder and I calmed down a little bit.
"Thank you, Tetsuya" I whispered and his hands stayed on my shoulders.

"Kagami, attack from the outside when we're on offense" said Kiyoshi. "You don't need to worry about rebounding on defence either"
"What?" said Hyuga.
"I'll play the inside myself" said Kiyoshi. "You four cover the outside"

"One in, four out?" asked Izuki.
"What are you saying, Kiyoshi?" asked Hyuga. "The rough play's the most brutal on the inside! If you do that, they'll focus all their attacks on you!"

"It's better than seeing my friends get hurt" said Kiyoshi.
"Hey..." said Riko. "Your leg is already injured. You can't do that. If anything, we should sub..."
"No, I'm doing it!" interrupted Kiyoshi. "Sorry, Riko. This is what I came back for. If you switch me out now, I'll hate you for the rest of my life"

The end of the break sounded...
"Now, let's go have some fun" said Kiyoshi.
I felt Tetsuya's hands leave my shoulders and I grabbed his wrist on instinct.

"Please, be careful" I whispered.
He squeezed my hand and nodded, before leaving.