Chapter 12

Jungkook's POV:

In my whole life I haven't seen anyone as nervous as her. Her whole body was trembling and it seemed like she was struggling to breath. I helped her calm down a little. To be honest, I was nervous too.

"Now let the tournament begin!"

Our first opponents were Park Sooyoung and Yook Sungjae.

"Stupor!"
"Flipendo!"
"Impedimenta!"
"Expelliarmus!"
"Incendio!"
"Aqua Eructo!"

Rosé's giant water wave managed to throw one of our opponents out of the ring.

"Engorgio!"
"Avis!"
"Incarcerus!"
"Levicorpus!"
"Densaugeo!"
"Furnunculus!"
"Tarantallegra!"

I finished off the battle with a final Petrificus Totalus.

"Good job!" I praised my teammate.

We high-fived each other. Everyone clapped and we left the battleground with a proud smile on our faces.

Jimin and Jennie were next. They defeated their opponents within a few minutes. Not bad, but I think we can do better. I had a strong feeling that we would have to face these two sooner or later.

"Jungkook-ah! How was my performance?" shouted Jimin, putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Quite impressive." I said, nodding approvingly.

Jimin smiled proudly and ran his hands through his hair. Again. I wonder how many times he does that throughout the day...

"But I don't think you'll win against us." I added with a smirk.

"We'll see..."

We watched the others battling each other until it was time to have lunch.

"You have two hours for yourselves. You are dismissed. Ms. Park Chaeyoung and Mr. Jeon Jungkook, Ms Song Yuqi and Mr. Wong Lucas, be prepared because you will be the first contestants."

We went to the Great Hall to see loads of different foods on the long table. My stomach was growling. I didn't have breakfast because I was too lazy to get up and preferred to sleep in. Maybe I should stop skipping meals...

"What do we do after lunch?" asked Rosé.

"Hogsmeade maybe?" Jimin proposed.

"Yes, I've been craving butterbeer for three months now!" Jennie shouted enthusiastically.

Suddenly I felt the vibrations of my phone in the pocket of my cloak.

"I have to make a call, I'll come back later." I said and went up the stairs to my room.

I glanced at my phone. Five missed calls by Mum. Now be prepared for some scolding.
I dialed my Mum's number. She picked up after a few seconds.

"Jungkook-ah, why didn't you pick up your phone?!"

"Mum, I'm at school."

I heard her sigh at the other side.

"Right. I forgot. I was just too excited about the first elimination. How was it? Did you impress your girl? Are you okay? You didn't get hurt did you?!" She rambled. Wow, did she even take a breath while saying this?

"Mum, I'm perfectly fine. We passed the first round of the first elimination, now we have two free hours. Also Rosé is not my girl, she is just a friend." I said calmly.

"Mmm sure, " she giggled "I can't believe my little boy will have a girlfriend soon! Don't worry, you can do this! I have faith in you, don't disappoint me! If you don't have enough courage to confess, then I can call her mother for you and talk to her. We'll have a chat and trust Mum, you two will be together in a minute, get married, have children - "

Someone knocked on my door. I opened it to see Chae standing there.

"Ummm, I just wanted to ask if you're coming..." She said hesitantly.

"Oh my god is that her?! Let me talk to my daughter-in law! She sounds so sweet!"

"Yeah, just a few minutes." I told her, trying to hide the excited shouts of my mother coming from my phone.

"Ok, we'll wait for you outside at the gate to Hogsmeade. Also, send my love to your mother." She said cheerfully and closed the door.

I averted my attention back to my mother.

"Mum, no. Like I said, we're friends. Friends, Mum! Yes, I'll take care of myself. I have to go now, I'll call you later!" I said and hang up quickly.

What a call. Why can't phone calls with my mum be simple and not embarrassing?

I hurriedly threw my jacket over my shoulders and ran out to not make the others wait.

The sun was shining brightly, but it wasn't warm. It was December after all. Snow was falling heavily and with every step my boots sunk almost entirely into the snow. The wind was freezing cold. It felt like sharp blades cutting my face. Why didn't I put on my cardigan this morning?

From afar I could see Jimin trying to build a snowman and Jennie and Rosé watching him fail. Clumsy Hyung as always.

They haven't noticed me yet so I quickened my pace and decide to scare Jimin. He just turned his back on me, when I jumped.

"AHH! Jungkook-ah! Why are you so heavy?"

He laughed as we fell into the snow.

"I'm not heavy! You're just too weak." I shouted and threw a snowball at him. It landed on his hat, causing the snow to stick on his head. We all laughed, when a snowball landed in my face.

"Who threw that?"

I looked around. Everyone held their hands above their heads to prove their innocence. Except Rosé.

That's how we spent the rest of the free hours having snowball fights instead of going to Hogsmeade. I didn't mind at all. The Three Broomsticks were always too full of people in my opinion. It was so much more fun like this.

We came back to Hogwarts covered in snow. People walking by could actually mistake us as yetis.

I was changing my clothes and drying them up when the school bell rang. Guess it was time for us to enter the second round of the first elimination.