1) CODY RUNNER

*Cody Walker's POV

*Cody Walker's POV

I really didn't like secondary school. 

In fact, I hated it.

When I sat in my room, in front of the mirrored closet doors, I wondered if I was going to hate university too. I hoped not, but I had learned not to keep my hopes too high.

The apartment I had just moved in wasn't by any means luxurious, but it was near the university and thanks to my roommates I could actually afford living there. My room was the smallest one in the apartment, but I kind of liked it. There was a big window, a board floor and white walls. 

The mirrored closet was a big plus, because I could spend all my time looking at my reflection in a trance-like state and try to find what was the matter with me. I could easily name a few things, while I sat there evaluating my reflection. 

Before I go to those observations though, did I remember to mention I don't even have a bed in my room? I just have a mattress, that is wide enough for two to sleep in, and the only real piece of furniture I have is a small dresser my dad gave me. There was nothing in it yet, so it just stood there near the door.

My name is Cody Walker, but the kids at school have many other not so flattering names for me. I'm 18 years old and there's nothing that exciting about me. I'm not very tall and I have asthma, although it doesn't really bother me these days. My grades are good and I kind of enjoy the learning part of school, I just don't like the rest of it.

If you'd like to know what I look like, other than being short, I could tell you that I was the ugliest guy in my old school. Or at least that was how everyone described me.

I'm not sure if I'm factually ugly, but I do have jug ears that I hide under my thick, curly and messy mane of hair. My eyebrows are thick and I have dense eyelashes, as dark as my hair. My eyes are a mixture of blue and grey, nothing interesting there either. 

I'm skinny as a stick, no matter how much I eat. Which actually reminded me of the fact I should probably get up and have breakfast before I'd be late from school. I dressed up in a light gray hoodie and dark jeans, tossing my backpack on my shoulder, before hurrying out of the room.

I poured a heap of chocolate cereal on a bowl bigger than my head, added some milk and spread peanut butter on two thick slices of bread. That should probably keep me full for a couple of hours, maybe I'd even make it till lunch before being ravenous again. 

I had my breakfast at the kitchen table, Princess purring on my lap. She was one of the three cats that shared the apartment with me, Mylo and Kobe.

Princess was an 11-year-old furball who seemed to think we were all her servants, ready to do everything she wanted. Furby, a.k.a Ferret, was Princess' brother, who was adorable but kind of a dummy. The third one was a 2 years old Monkey, a small striped disaster.