T E N

THE GROUP WAS silent as blue powder exploded over sierra. the idea was that jack would kick the football into the goal, the ball would explode, and reveal the gender.

what they didn't plan for was for jack to kick the ball which hit the post and then bounced into the goal. this would be fine if sierra wasn't stood next to the goal where the ball hit the post.

the silence was broken as sierra let out a loud laugh and squeal which resulted in jack running over and picking the mount girl up. the look of pure joy on the pairs face was enough to make a smile spread to any persons face.

"we are having a boy!" jack shouted and the others took that as a signal to celebrate, the boys running up to them and cheering. soon enough the whole group was surrounding the couple and were now in a group hug.

it was moments like this that every single person wanted to pause and stay in forever. it reminded talia of the euros final, she didn't know that mason was also thinking back to the same memory and the happiness they felt in that moment.

talia returned to the current situation and felt a different type of happiness as she looked at all her friend, family even, chanting with jack and sierra in the middle who were both crying, even if jack was trying to hide it. the blonde girl felt jealousy and longing when she saw the, unofficial, couple.

she didn't realise that she had turned her attention to her ex until her eyes met his and she felt a sense of familiarity and comfort but she refused to give him her attention and think that everything was okay when it was far from it.

so with that, talia turned her back and headed to go inside and refill her water. she didn't realise the person following her inside as they chased across the garden to catch up with her.

she had filled up her water, looked out the window for a moment of peace before turning to return but was enveloped in a hug, startling her and making her stiffen at first until she realised it was just declan rice. she had been completely unaware of his presence in the room as she was caught up in her own thought.

"hey dec, how have you been?" she wrapped one arm around him but kept the other by her side as she held her water. declan pulled away and put one arm around her shoulder.

"i've been good. i should be asking you that, you donut" he joked to which talia laughed and punched him for calling her a donut.

it was silent for a moment as declan tried to work out how to approach the elephant in the room.

"he misses you. you know he didn't mean to take his pain out on you. he should have just talked to you but i don't think he wanted you to see that side of him"

mason had told declan the truth behind everything as he decided that he shouldn't continue to bottle it up and ruin more friendships. he also needed to tell someone, anyone, when he was at his lowest when him and talia had officially finished.

"he never spoke to me about it though. then he moved on so fast with another girl and made me feel that i was easily replaceable" talia had promised herself in the car that she wouldn't get emotional and didn't realise that a tear had fallen until declan had wiped it away with his thumb.

"i just wish he spoke to me. it's always going to be him and i but i need time to recover, know my worth, he needs time for himself and to work this all out" she hated to admit it but she had a feeling her and mason would make their way back to each other in time once they had grown as individuals.

"the whole relationship thing is new to him and he has never struggled with mental health before, i'm defiantly not going to excuse some of the stuff he did because he was a big time wanker at times" they both laughed at this as they knew it was true "but he didn't mean it. i think he just wanted the best for you, even if that meant he wasn't with you and had to break his own heart at the same time"

"guess time will tell. seeing him definitely didn't help with my whole single girl power thing i had going on" talia wiped under her eyes and laughed.

"you were killing that to be honest. think everyone has been loving the badass, single, independent talia. i've been loving the peace and quiet! haven't been bullied by you in a month now!" the west ham player joked back and got another punch from talia who scoffed.

"is that how long it's been since we broke up? a month?" it had felt like years to talia since she had walked out of the house her and mason shared with her cheeks damp and only storm by her side.

"i fucking know! don't know how mason has survived without you around the house" the two started walking back to the rest of the group and were instantly pulled away to different groups.

talia ended up with the girls who were discussing all the cute things they could do with the baby and outfits while declan got dragged into a game with the boys.

declan and talia didn't realise that mason and her would end up being apart for longer than they had planned.

_______________________

liked by sanchooo10, ivynichols and others

taliaroman can you guess what gender i think baby grealish-mount is?

jpickford1 the fact that you managed to score so many goals while wearing a dress....putting these footballers to shame, roman.
taliaroman
someone should get me a football contract! cant let this talent go to waste✋

user talia still going to the gender reveal regardless of her and mason.....crying.
user
obviously she would go?? she is still friends with jack, sierra and the others even if her and mason aren't together. she was friends with them before her and mason were a thing.

user omg i want to know the gender now

jesselingard our queen! our lord! our saviour! talia roman!
marcusrashford
preach it jlingz
user
marcus and jesse being the leaders of the talia fan club

jackgrealish think the colour of sierra after the reveal kinda gives it away😳
taliaroman
surprised she didn't beat you up for that tbf. that dress was gorgeous😭😭

________________
AUTHORS NOTE: congratulations to the chelsea boys for winning the super cup tonight🥺🤍

gender reveal is over now! so back to groupchat content😎 but with drama.