1

"god is kind, everyone, god is so kind," a sixteen year old richie tozier bounced down the hallway, landing right next to stanley uris, who was peacefully reorganizing his locker. stanley turned, and richie was shaking his hair out of his eyes.

"what's happened?" beverly marsh asked on behalf of the other 6 teenagers crowded around stanley's locker. watching richie move his hair, she brushed bill's hair out of his face tenderly. bill smiled warmly at her.

"greta invited me to a party, and i think she might let me play a little baseball, run a few bases, if you know what i mean," richie hummed mischievously while ben and eddie sighed in disappointment. stanley turned back to his locker, and richie placed an arm on stanley's shoulder. 

"richie, jesus," mike rolled his eyes. 

stanley finished tidying his locker and turned, disturbing richie's arm. 

"so are you going?" stanley asked.

he talked now. that wasn't a surprise to any of his friends, because they hadn't met him during his silence. except, of course, richie. always the exception, it seemed.

"of course i'm going! i would be remiss to miss out on a chance to get some under the bra action, stanley." richie grinned brightly, and stanley could see why greta wanted in on richie tozier. stanley wasn't gay, but he could appreciate that richie had grown into a surprisingly handsome boy. him and stanley had grown tall around the same time, but richie grew into his looks as well as his dad's shoes. and the scruff around his face, of which was surprisingly post-pubescent, wasn't bad either. all in all, he was a handsome guy. until he opened his mouth, of course. 

as he rubbed his eyes, stanley was reminded that richie's glasses were still as dumb as ever. coke-bottle glasses that framed his face as poorly as possible.

"speaking o' which, i was wondering if you all wanted to join me. we might have fun!" richie proposed, ben looking to mike nervously. 

stanley rolled his eyes and leaned against his locker, his hair getting caught in the slits. he turned his head and yelped silently, richie mindlessly lifting a hand to help him.

"richie, i have never been to a party and i never plan on it--" eddie's start to a rant was cut off by beverly. 

"we're going. eddie, i'm sorry, we have to go. right, guys?" beverly stated, bill smiling smugly. richie, having separated stanley from the locker, nodded violently.

"we've got to go to at least one party, right?" ben added, eddie rolling his eyes and glaring at richie. and while he didn't say it, the rest of them knew that was a yes from eddie, as well. 

"when is it?" bill asked, his fingers fiddling with beverly's. stanley watched as mike looked at them a little strangely. 

"tomorrow, i'll text you all her address. if you aren't all there i will be personally sacrificing eddie." richie announced, stanley grimacing as he accidentally spit onto the floor in front of them. 

"why me? why-fucking-me?" eddie exhaled, the others laughing at their dramatics. 

"we'll go, rih-richie." bill said, the others nodding (except for eddie, who groaned).

"great. you. won't regret it, i promise," richie smiled wide.