20

"do you mind?" richie asked, faking a british accent as he squeezed himself between stanley and eddie. he really ended up sitting half on top of stanley, and eddie squished himself into bill. 

mike sat on the ground in front of bill and eddie, and ben was attempting to braid beverly's hair next to him.

stanley's arm ended up around richie's waist, and even though eddie could feel stanley's hand next to him, he chose not to say anything. 

"i do mind, quite a bit," eddie said to richie, richie laughing. 

"y-you guys are the worst to watch anything w-wuh-with." bill said, placing his legs over mike's shoulders, mike laughing.

richie shifted so that he was squishing eddie less, and instead put more of his weight on stanley's lap. nervously, stanley wrapped his arms around richie, and leaned his head back. when bill got up to get a drink, stanley's arms rescinded, and stayed next to him for the rest of the night.

thirty minutes later, ben decided he wanted to go to sleep, and most of the group followed him, leaving bill, stanley and richie.

the three of them ended up in the kitchen.

"so bill, how's single life?" richie asked, hopping up onto the counter.

"ugh, luh-like you wouldn't know. it's horrible." bill groaned, richie laughing and sharing a knowing look with stanley. 

"why did you and bev break up, anyway? if you don't, uh, mind me asking." richie said, scooting further back. bill took a sip out of his glass of water, gulping painfully.

"uh, i don't know. we didn't want the same things. it's weird." bill yawned. richie nodded empathetically. stanley felt guilty for an indiscernible reason. i mean, it was for the better. they both seemed to be doing well.

when bill left the kitchen to go to sleep, stanley waited a moment and then kissed richie lightly. he sighed, "sorry, i couldn't help myself." 

richie smiled and placed a hand on stanley's face. "i don't blame you, i'm smoking hot." richie and stanley both laughed softly, and stanley leaned further into richie's hand. 

richie's hand dropped from stanley's face and blocked stanley from moving any closer to him. stanley raised an eyebrow.

"sorry, i fuh-forgot my phone," bill had walked back into the kitchen, scaring stanley into jumping around. stanley and richie had been extremely close to each other, and richie's other hand was holding the air right next to stanley's hip.

"oh no, you caught us totally about to make out, bill, how could you ruin our moment?" richie said, bill laughing and rolling his eyes as he left the room. stanley let out a breath.

"you're so stupid."

"i know," richie smiled sweetly. "you have to admit though, there's something kinda hot about the secrecy, right?" 

"shut up." stanley looked at richie and his facial expression softened just gazing at richie's eyes. "you're so good to me." richie ran his hand through stanley's hair, scoffing lightly.

"i don't know what you're talking about."

"i do."

richie pulled stanley closer to him, wrapping his arms around him as stanley's head fit over richie's shoulder. it hadn't been long, maybe only a month or so, but stanley could tell this was the safest he'd ever felt. 

stanley sighed through his nose, "i wish i could sleep here. i wish i could sleep with you."

"stan!" richie teased.

"shut up. you know what i meant." stanley felt his head heat up squished into the back of richie's neck.