Chapter 15: Eric The Trainer

I jolted awake.

Looking around feeling unsettled I try to understand why. Everyone is still asleep but it feels like it is earlier than when I wake up. I was about to lay down again until I saw someone standing by the door. Jerking up I look straight into those piercing blue eyes.

"Good your up!" Eric commented.

Now I understand why I woke up in a state of panic; my life felt a threat near me.

I send a glare at him before I slowly get out of bed to get ready. I was expecting him to just leave when he saw I was awake and getting ready, but that was not the case. As I was talking my night clothes off I turned to grab my training clothes only to notice he was still there. Leaning against the wall he was just watching me change.

I roll my eyes at him and hurry up.

"Enjoy the show?" I ask rhetorically as I walk out.

He gave me an amused look and silently kept walking. Expecting to get breakfast like I usually do I wasn't prepared for him to take me straight to the training room.

"Run"

I hear him say right next to me.

"Excuse me ?"

"Are you deaf I said run!" he yelled in my face.

"I do believe Max did explain that our training had to be supervised." I smugly tell him thinking I won.

He did not look pleased with this response. He got close to my face and breathed really slowly.

"I don't need some number to tell me how to do my job. Now do as your told and run"

Huffing out I mentally compromise knowing I would have started my day with a run anyways.

After an hour of running he stepped into the fighting mat and beckoned me over.

"What not going to have me run till I drop dead?" I tease.

"Just get ready to fight."

A little nervous with how all our previous fights have gone.

"Maybe we should wait until four gets here. He is supposed to watch us." I explained.

"What sacred without your precious little Four around." he mocks, starting to get annoyed with me.

"Well are fights do get out of hand."

He quickly sweeps his legs under me trying to knock me down, but I jumped fast enough to miss it.

"If you're done talking now let's fight."

We started lightly sparing with each other; throwing punches and blocking.

I turn to block his hit I then grab his outstretched arm and used it to flip him over my back. He landed with a loud bang. Wide eyes, mouth gaping, he tried to catch his breath from having the wind knocked out of him; he was not expecting that to happen.

As Eric stood from the ground Four had entered meaning normal practice would be starting soon.

Looking between the two of us, Four raised his eyebrow in a silent question.

"What's going on here? I do believe that I'm supposed to be supervising your training."

"I don't need your supervision with my trainee number boy!" Eric coldly spat at four. "Now if you're done distracting us we have more training to do."

Four looked at us surprised at how we were training and not trying to rip each other's throat out.

As the trainees came in fours attention drifted leaving us to whatever training Eric has planned.