Chapter 19: Visiting Day

I laid in my bed for hours tossing and turning until I had finally fallen to sleep. But even though I was asleep the dreams still made me feel as though I was awake.

The sun beat down on my face with its glow; a light breeze blowing in the air. The smell of flowers and grass blowing along with the wind. I take a deep breath in enjoying the familiar smell; In the distance you can hear the laughter of kids as they run and play in the field. laying back in the filed I soak up as much sun as I could, missing the feeling of warmth on my body.

As I was enjoying the sun and just laying in the grass surrounded by flowers. A dark shadow loomed over me blocking out all the sun rays. I cracked an eye open to look at the thing blocking my sun, but I came to look at shockingly cold blue eyes.

"Weak! I knew you could never belong in dauntless your just a weak little amity." I just look in his eyes with a blank look.

He just looked down at me with a malevolent grin.

"Guess you found your real family amity! Have fun picking your flowers cowards."

I feel hands grab my arms and slowly start to drag me through the field. I start to panic and start to jerk around trying to wrench myself out of their grip and Eric starts to laugh at my demise. As I turn I can see a blur of yellow and red.

Amity, That's who was dragging me through the field. I look back at Eric with pleading eyes, but now there is a pool of black. All of the dauntless looking and laughing at me talking about how I could have never amounted to anything there. I look at Pax for any hope, but to no avail.

"You were never meant to be brave; you belong here with your family to help create peace and love in amity." the person whispered in my ear.

Turning around horrified, I see that it is my family dragging my back to amity. I really start to panic and try to fight their hold but more people come to hold me down.

"LET ME GO!" I scream, but I only just hear the laughter of everyone in the background.

They drag me to the closet.

"No. NO!" I fight to get away right as they throw me in and lock the door to the dark closet.

My eyes snap open as I inhale a deep gasp of air. I sit up quickly drawing in heavy breaths trying to gather my senses. I slowly start to calm down and even out my breathing. I look around to see if anybody is awake yet but everyone is still out cold. I slowly roll out of bed and get dressed; so much for sleeping in.

What was that dream even about? I've only ever had a few dreams and they were never that bad. It's horrifying to even think about what my life used to be in amity let alone being dragged to stay forever. That is a nightmare that I will gladly never want to live.

I make my way to the training room for my daily run, but on my way there I notice how early it really was. Besides nobody walking around the compound  yet the clock above the door to the training room read 4:45am. Guess more time for training for me, not like I have anything to do today.

I ran and ran for hours until my lung burned and my legs couldn't carry me any longer. I couldn't shake the feeling of the dream; I was frustrated and I don't even know why.

I make my way to the punching bags and start throwing punches. One after another I let my frustration out.

I will never go back; Hit.

Im not weak; Hit

I belong here and no were else ; Hit

I just keep going non stop One punch after another. After a bit I couldn't feel the sting in my hand any more, just a numb dull feeling. And the bag just kept swinging back and forth with each hit; one after the other becoming harder with so much force.