Chapter 30: Bed Rest

We silently sat staring at each other as we listened to the Dr. quickly leave the apartment in a rush. What just happened? I opened my mouth to talk to Eric, but he quickly turns and exits the room making me even more confused about the situation.

Mouth opened questions on the tip of my tongue; I stare at the wall across from me trying to piece together everything that happened. Why was I woken up for any of this? As I sat thinking over my questions, But it didn't last long as I could feel my eyes slowly fluttering shut as the tiredness set back in to my body. What did that Dr. give me?

What is this wonderful smell? I crack open my eyes to see a unfamiliar room. Confused, I look around until I remember the last couple of days. I look to my left and see a tray of food that smelled so good. And on the side sat another vile of medicine. I sigh. This is going to be a long week.

By the second day of bed rest my fever finally broke making the Dr. satisfied with my healing, but honestly I don't really remember those two days; it was kinda a blur of sleep and pain, but now it's more manageable.

By the third day of bed rest I felt gross. I have been sweating like a pig with this fever and I haven't even had the energy to get up and stand in a shower, but a nice warm shower sounds so good. I wake at the break of sunlight and lay in bed listening to Eric clater around in the kitchen doing whatever he does, But it soon quiets down and then I could hear his heavy footsteps as they moved their way to the bedroom. I close my eyes to pretend that I am asleep so we don't have to stand in an awkward silence. I listened to him rustle around in his clothes until he found what he needed and made his way to the bathroom to shower.

After a while I heard the shower shut off so I flipped on my side so he wouldn't see me awake. I listened to him stop in the doorway and just stood there until I heard a big sigh and then came the shut of the front door.

As the door shuts the blankets fly right off my body leaving me to the cold. I get off the bed as fast as my injuries would let me. I make my way out to the kitchen and see my food sitting on the counter with my vile of medicine ready for me to eat. I grumble under my breath at the sight of more medicine. Of course he wouldn't forget to give it to me, but as I looked at it a wonderful thought popped into my head. I looked around the area just to make sure no one was watching; even though I'm the only one here. I quickly finish my food and just leave the full vile sitting there. No one can force me to take it, so I wont. I start looking around for my box of clothes only to come up empty handed. Where could he have possibly put them?

I just want to shower I sigh in frustration as I go and slam the bathroom door shut. I will just look for something after I bathe. I gladly turn the shower on and turn it to a nice hot temperature. I step into the steamy shower and let the hot water finally cascade down my broken body. "Finally!" I grone out in satisfaction. I can feel my muscles relax under the hot liquid pouring down my spine; It felt like I was melting into it. After a while I had to convince myself to get out but that didn't even get me out until almost an hour had passed.

I finally had shut the water off and just stood in the steam for just a lingering minute until I reached for my towel to dry myself off before the water droplets turned cold and chilled me. My skin was bright red with heat as I dried off my body carefully not to hit my bruises, but the shower definitely helped soothe the ache in my body.

I opened the door to the bathroom and watched as the steam escaped its prison into the cold air of Eric's apartment. I step out to the cold making my way back to the room. In the short distance I could already feel the goosebumps littering my body as I tread across the cold floor. I quickly make my way to his dresser and hesitate for a second until another shiver runs up my spine making me open his drawer and shuffle through his things.