Chapter 18: Capture The Flag

I had fallen asleep that night thinking I was going to get a good nights rest; maybe even try to sleep in for just a little longer than I normally do. However that didn't seem like it was going to happen.

It felt like I had just went to sleep when I had hear the banging noise. The same banging noise that Four uses in the morning to wake people up. The only problem with this though is it's not morning.

I think for a second. Yep definitely not morning, and I thought we had the day off?

It started to get on my nerves how much he was banging the pipe. I turn to glare at him. Then he finally stopped.

"Get dressed and meet at the tracks." he stiffly told us then just walks out; like he didn't just walk us up for no random reason.

I drag my tired body out of bed and put on warm training clothes; not knowing what they were going to have us do. Was this part of our training?

I swiftly make my way to the train tracks with the others in tow.

As we arrive at the train tracks I noticed the dauntless borns were here as well.

"Fred! Glad you could make it." I hear as an arm is thrown around my shoulders.

"Well didn't really have an option now did I." I turn and ask Pax with a grin. " now what are we here for?"

"Dauntless tradition." He said with such a proud tone.

Not long after we got here the train came around the corner and we all gathered to hop on. Once on the train we were all huddled in one cart were I noticed Eric just standing in the corner like a creep. By his feet were two bags full of something; I'm sure we'll know soon.

"All right listen up! Every year we have a little tradition we like to play. It's a friendly game of capture the flag." Eric started. "There will be two teams lead by your truly and four. The goal is to capture the other teams flag simple as that." he explained.

Simple right! Theres always a catch. Especially with Eric involved.

He reached down into the bag and then pulled out a gun, or what looked like a gun. Quickly everyone took a step away before he could even explain.

"This will be your weapon of choice for tonight." right! friendly game?

"Don't worry these are nero stem darts. Simulate the feel of a real gun shot wound but with out the damage." he explains.

He then turns to a random person and just fires the weapon. Next thing I know the poor guy is on the ground screaming while holding his arm and you can see the dart just sticking out of it.

Eric just continues like he didn't just shoot someone.

"So we are going to choose our teams now. Line up!" he turns to Four. " How about last years looser picks first." Eric taunts.

"No need to give me a head start." Four tells him with a smirk. Looking Eric dead in the eyes he calls his first team choose. " I will pick ... Ari."

Erics eyes quickly squinted in scrutiny towards Four then he just glared at me.

"Fine! Pax your with me." He turned to give me a sinister grin and Pax looked at me with fear.

Oh this is going to be a fun night.

We were now finally done with picking teams. I look over and see Eric had picked mostly stronger people and dauntless borns were Four had lower ranking people. How did Four expect to win?

"My team will get off here." Eric told Four as he opened to door.

His group all had jumped off the train leaving us in silence. After 5 minutes Four told us to get off as well. One by one we jumped out of the train onto the ground. I take a good look around to see where we're at. Its an abandoned amusement park. Its rusty and old; been sitting here since the war. All the rides still stand, but look like they could Collapse at any given moment.