Chapter 33

=Alexandras POV=

1 month later

I was crouching down on Zoey's grave, laying some flowers on it. We buried her this month. Her brother didn't even bother to show up at the funeral. I mean, almost no one did; it was basically me, Ricardo, and some of our gang members. Even though the bitch was crazy, we still cared for her and did a proper funeral for her.

As for me, I'm doing better. Most of my wounds have healed up. As to the dead bodies in the abandoned building, we got rid of them. Our injured members got help, and we buried the ones that were dead. Any trace that led to the accident was erased.

I checked the time.

6:45 pm.

"I should go back..." I mumbled then looked at Zoey's

"I'll see you... probably on Wednesday. I have a lot of sh*t I have to do these coming days." I said I was brushing some dust off of her stone.

"When I come back, I'm going to bring you some arroz con habichuelas. Your favorite... I'ma eat it though," I said and stood up. (translation: rice with beans)

"Rest well, my best friend." I said, "Leave.

~{{~.~}}~

"So what's up?" I said I was sitting down on the couch. When I got back home, Ricardo immediately shoved me into a room. He said he needed to talk to me.

"Alex, it's about your mom.."

"What about my mom?" Shes dead."

"Well, we found out some information about her death."

"What do you mean?"

He rubbed his chin and shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

"Your mom used to be in a gang," he said, looking everywhere but at me. I stared at him.

"What gang?"

"A gang that fell apart a long time ago."

"So, are you telling me that my mom was in a gang? "How did you find this information?" I said I was straightening my back.

"We found some missing files on one of our enemies hideouts." I saw a file with your last name in it, and I just had to take it."

"So was the car crash real or fake?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"It was fake." He said we were finally meeting. I froze and stood up. I turned around and went to the window. I gazed outside to the backyard and saw some of our members training.

"So my mom could be alive.." I whispered.

"She's dead, Alex." I heard Ricardo say behind me. I turned around and faced him.

"And how do you know that?" I asked.

"I knew who your mom was." He said and scratched the back of his neck.

"...what? Ricardo, get to the point."

"Okay. Your mom used to be in a gang, but then everyone got eliminated except for her. She escaped and joined another gang.

"Which other gang?" I asked. He hesitated before answering.

"Our...gang..." He whispered, but I clearly heard him.

"What?! And you never told me?! Why?" I said I was walking towards him.

"I never even knew she was your mom!" And I didn't even know she had kids. Not until now," he said with a sigh.

"But... since when was she in a gang? I remember her being with us as little kids, and then her death happened," I said, deep in my thoughts.

"I don't know the whole story, but I believe she faked her death so her enemies wouldn't get to you guys. I mean that's the only logical reason." He said.

"What did she say when she joined this gang?" I asked.

"She faked her identity and said that she wanted to join our gang. Of course, we first thought that was weird, but we did our research and found out that she was in one of our gangs, so I accepted her. She was with us for years until she went on a mission, but unfortunately got killed. That's when we found you in the park and kidnapped you. Sorry about that, by the way. She never told us she had kids; actually, she told us all her family members died in a fire."

"But why would she do this? And why was she even in a gang?" I asked myself.

I don't know Alex.

"All this time I blamed Bryan," I said to myself.

"None of you knew she faked her death. Don't blame yourself now." He said so and stood up to hug me.

"I shouldn't have blamed him in general." I said that and hugged him.

"Well, don't forget how he treated you, Alex. "You had all rights to treat him back the same way, even if it means blaming him." He said. I sighed but didn't say anything back. I still think it was wrong of me to blame him. I sighed again and sat down on the couch again. Ricardo sat next to me.

"So what now?" I asked and turned to him.

"I guess we have to figure this mess out," he said.

"I guess"
———————————————————————————
A/N: Yuh. Chapter 33 is out!

Sorry if these chapters are short as hell, but I write all I can and try to upload it.

Some of you have guessed, at the beginning of the book, that Alex's replacement was her mother. You guessed right. :)

Anyways, I hoped you'd kind of enjoy this chapter. Again, I apologize for the short chapter.