Chapter 2- The Duke of Ludovica

***

"It is nice to meet your acquaintance, signorina Volkova. You were saying..." 

She was stunned for a second, staring at me with those large, beautiful, violet eyes of hers, until she blinked back to reality after hearing the fake cough of the security guard she had been wrangling with a second ago, and focused her attention back on me.

"I apologise for not having made an appointment. My boss would usually be the one to take care of any V.I.P clients, but he is poorly at the moment, so I came in his place. Are you aware of a Mr Paulo Russo?" Ah, yes, Paulo was my personal tailor.

If I recall correctly, he was supposed to be coming today to take measurements for my funeral attire. I guess there's been a change of plan, not that I'm complaining.

I nodded my head. 

"I am interning at his boutique, I came to take measurements for the Duke of this estate... If you do not believe me, I can try calling him, but I would-"

"-I believe you," I cut her off, a welcoming smile gracing my lips as I outstretched a hand for her, holding back my laughter. She wasn't aware that I was the said Duke that she was talking about, and I found that so adorable.

That said, she took my hand with her gloved one, shaking it, and I was left with the empty feeling of wanting to feel her skin on mine rather than the dead cows.

"Come with me, I'll be your guide," I nudged my head towards the mansion in the distance, barely visible from here thanks to all the large trees that covered it.

Her face lit up as she smiled brightly at me, nodding her head ecstatically, and I had to work in holding back a laugh. She was like a young girl stuck in a beautiful woman's body.

I stood back and watched as she took off her gloves, opening the seat of the bike to place them in there, pulling out another small box that I'm guessing contained stuff a tailor would need, and then she threaded the rearview mirror of the bike through her helmet visor.

Turning around to face me, she nodded, and I took that as a sign that she was ready. So, I spun on my heels, heading back into the estate, hearing the light steps of her feet running to catch up to me, and from the corner of my eyes, I watched as she took in the beauty of my property.

"You said your name was Alina Volkova..." I started a conversation, and she snapped her head around to meet mine, nodding her head. 

"Yes," She simply answered.

"That is a Russian surname, right?"

"Yes, I was given my mother's surname, she is Russian, and my father is Italian. We live here in Rome, not more than an hour away from this estate," She explained as I hummed, clinging to every word she said, I loved the sound of her voice.

"Are you an only child?" I asked.

"Yes," She answered simply once more.

"You said you were an apprentice for Paulo, I do not believe that I have had the pleasure of meeting you before," I started as a matter-of-fact. Although that makes sense, I don't leave the confines of this estate unless it's work-related. I hated this world after all.

"One would think that I'm being interviewed right now," She chuckled, and I blinked, wondering if I was being too forward with my interest in her.

I don't have any experience in dating, simply because I'm not interested in either the male, female, or any other gender. That doesn't mean I'm inexperienced in anything though, I'm actually quite far above average in everything. It just seems that, right now, I'm in a trance. I don't remember the last time I had gained a crush on someone. I don't think I ever have.