Chapter 22- Welcoming you Home

--Alina POV--

Giving up in trying to comprehend the contents of the diary, I silently put it back into the drawer before making my way back to my room, getting in bed, and pulling my knees up to my chest as I hugged myself, unable to think about anything other than the words in the book.

It said something about blood, and killing someone. And I'm sure about the fact that one of those handwritings belonged to Evan, the one that said he didn't kill anyone.

But the question is; Who is he claiming that he didn't kill? And who is the owner of the other handwriting?

Maybe I'm just crazy? Maybe I'm so worried about my pregnancy that I've gone crazy.

I scoffed to myself, rolling my eyes as I got under the covers and lied down, turning on my side to look at the empty spot beside me which would usually be occupied by my husband.

Long story short, I didn't get any sleep that night, and when I had finally managed to fall asleep, the annoying voice of my best friend woke me up.

"You can't use the excuse that you're pregnant to sleep all day," She called, nudging my body that was hidden under the covers.

"Please, I am getting all the sleep that I can get before the twins are born because when they're born, God knows that I won't be sleeping well for the next few years," I grumbled, playing a game of tug and war with the bed sheets with her.

"Although I do understand where you're coming from, that doesn't make any sense... It's 1 pm, Alina. You have to eat something at least,"

I didn't want to eat anything. Not after what I found last night.

Until Evan comes home, and until I find out everything that's been going on, I won't be able to live my life normally in the slightest.

"Lina, give the girl some space to breathe. You know Alina, if she's curled up in bed like this then she most likely has a very good reason for doing so," Oh. Ian was here too.

"What's Ian doing here? I thought he had work in London," I mumbled.

"He does, but he came to see you,"

"I can answer my own questions, Lina, you don't need to do it for me,"

I should never have asked.

"Then you ought to speak a little faster. With how slow you speak, Alina will grasp the chance to fall back asleep, and you'll still be talking,"

"I came all the way from London to be supportive to my best friend who is about to give birth in around a month's time. I didn't come all the way from London to get bullied by you,"

I wonder how long this will last, my endurance is running thin.

"Being bullied by me, and being supportive to Alina is a one-pack deal,"

"I don't want this deal!"

"Well you're gonna have to take it, because bullying you is fun-"

"That's enough!"

I quickly cut them off before it could progress any further, sitting up in bed, I glared at the two people that were supposed to be adults.

"I can't deal with any more drama today. If you both want to fight, then please go do it somewhere else," I grumbled, slinging the blanket off of me before getting out of bed.

"Alina, really. What is wrong?... I heard the good news from Clyde. On how you and the Duke are expecting twins, isn't that something to be happy about?" Ian worryingly asked.