Chapter Four

Authors Note: Thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments! Sorry for the late update; Here's chapter four!

{edited}

FTR's, my chapters are extremely short in the beginning, but nearing the middle to the end of the book, they get incredibly long. I glo'd up, I know.

* * *

Gunshots. They were loud, defeaning, and I truly believe they were the only reason Liam decided to let go of me, my feet finally making contact with the floor. He whipped his head to the right, eyeing the hallway just as Alex rounded the corner, rushing towards us.

He came to a stop, still breathing heavily, "It's the Corinelli's," he began to explain, "They're here, they came for the girl."

Time seemed to slow as everyone analyzed the situation. I had questions, questions that were going to be answered. I still didn't know why I das here . . . I still didn't know why Luciano wanted me? And now this question has arose; why are the Corinelli's after me?

"-We had someone trying to break in on the first floor and the basement," Alex continued. "I didn't think they would come so soon."

Luciano looked unfazed as he started barking out orders. "Get Luis and check the basement, I'll handle the second floor, and while I'm at it, get Will and tell him to get the girl packed and ready. We're leaving." My lips part as a struggled cry comes up from my throat. Liam un-holsters his weapon, checks his chamber, and looks to me as I finally find the words to speak.

"-Wait what?" My voice cracked as I pushed Liam forward, watching as he stumbles back a bit. I look towards the only other man that joined us in the hallway, "What does he mean by leaving?"

Alex was about to speak, but a chuckle came from Liam's direction. I shoot a glare over at him, watching as the corner of his lips lift upwards, "Leave; l-e-a-v-e; verb. To go away from, to depart from permanently, to abandon--"

"Shut up," I mutter.

Liam's smirk only grows, "I'm shocked, Webster, you knew what 'negotiate' meant--" I heard him laugh again as I reached out once more, shoving him. He steps back a bit as I storm off down the hallway.

When William found me ten minutes later, a gun was in his hands. He must've spoken with Liam, because he grabbed my arm quickly, rushing me up the steps as he stated, "Come on." We reached the second floor and quickly I entered the room I had been living in.

Will tossed an empty suitcase on my bed and pointed, "Start packing," I didn't need to be told twice.

We worked silently for a few minutes; Will would toss a few men's clothes in my direction, along with bathroom essentials and other things – and finally, I was packed.

I turned and sat on the bed, heaving out a sigh. Will stood leaning against the bathroom door, his iPhone in his hand. "Will?" He looks up from the screen, "Answer me these two questions..." He slipped his phone in his pocket and approached me, his hand waving at his side.

"Shoot."

I fell back against the bed, and again, I sighed. "Why am I here? How long am I here?" I lifted my head off the soft mattress, trying to see Will's expression.

"Luciano wants you, I told you that."

"-And why does Luciano want me?"

Will sighed and I felt the bed dip under his weight. Moments passed as silence filled the room. A sound came up from his throat, one that resembled a low, rumbling groan. "Faith, you're worth a lot of money--"

I frowned and shot up, "So is Bill Gates but I don't see him-" William raised his hand, silencing me. He arched his eyebrow and I groaned, "Yeah, continue."

"-I'm not going to be the one to give you details, that's Luciano's job, but I do know someone in your family dealt with the mafia back in the day. From what I know, they worked with Liam's father – who was the head back then. They inherited a lot of money and well . . . they put it under your name."

My eyebrows furrowed. Who in my family dealt with the mafia? My uncle used to talk about it, but so did my father, Ian. "Wait, how much money?"

"Enough to kill for-"

"-400 million dollars-" The voice startled William and I, but surprisingly, I was starting to get used to it. Luciano stood under the doorway, his hands in his pockets, and a mysterious look masking his face. "Four hundred million dollars, Miss Crawford; that is how much you're worth." My mouth dropped and my heart nearly stopped, but Liam didn't look as impressed. He runs his thumb along the tips of his other fingers as he smirks, "Pocket change, Ms. Crawford, pocket change."

I struggled to get another word out, blinking rapidly, "P-p-pocket change? Liam, that's life changing, life altering money!"

Liam just laughed, completely uninterested with what I had to say. He scanned his surroundings before turning to William and nodding at the suitcase. "She ready?"

Will nodded in confirmation. "All packed and ready, but she needs clothes."

Liam shot a fake, lip-closed smile towards me; one so fake it sent shivers down my spine and a laugh out my throat. He turned back towards his friend. "You don't think I'm going to let my 400 million dollar investment continue to walk around in men's clothes, do you, Willy?"

Willy?

He's high.

As I zoned back into the conversation, William had stood up, and was giving Luciano a half-hug. "Be safe on the flight," Luciano said, "Tell me how L.A. is, I haven't been back in months."

"And you tell me how Bora Bora is."

"Most definitely," Liam chuckled. I watched as William turned to leave the room, and I called out.

"Whoa, whoa whoa... whoa.-" This caught their attention, pleasantly reminding them I was still in the room. "Hi, Um . . . I'm not sure we've met but . . .what about me?" Sarcasm dripped off my words, and I noticed the two men responding differently. William cracked a beautiful smile, a low chuckle escaping his throat; whereas Liam frowned, his playful expression diminishing within seconds.

So he doesn't like sarcasm; noted.

Luciano spoke first, his voice not as threatening as I had heard it. "You're coming with me, Miss Crawford." My eyes went wide and my mouth fell open, my response on the tip of my tongue. "--and if I were you, I would swallow whatever sarcastic, completely unnecessary remark that'll be filled with sass and a bitchy tone that you are currently feeling the need to state."

I glared at Liam till Will walked out the room, before finally question, "Is Alex or Luis coming with us?"

Liam shook his head no, his hands still shoved deep in his pockets. "We're going off the radar, Miss Crawford," He started backpedaling as he nodded towards my suitcase, "Grab whatever belongings we gave you and hurry up; our ride to the airport will be ready in ten."

But I only made one statement. "But, I don't know you." The look Luciano sent my way could've melted ice.

Liam stopped, a slow, evil looking smirk crossing his face. His perfect, snow-white teeth were exposed as his plump pink lips parted. I noticed his dimples for the first time that day. His hair was tousled messily on his head, a few strands of his hair falling in whispers across his face. "That's a good thing, Miss Crawford," He chuckled.

"And why is that?"

"Because, everyone who's ever gotten to know me is dead."

* * *

Authors Note:
Sorry for the very late update! But I'm glad I was able to get one in today. I will try to update much much sooner. This is mostly a filler chapter, I hope you enjoy it! Don't forget to comment and vote!

A/N (6-5-17): ^ idk what my 18 year old-self was thinking, this book was trash I'm screaming