Chapter Twenty

A/N: Important Authors Note: Wattpad, on occasion, has been known to say that stories are Completed when they really aren't.  People, in no way could I end this story right now.  So many things have yet to happen; Michael is still breathing, that alone, should be a major clue that this story is not over! You'll know when it's over; trust me.

This is officially the longest chapter I've written, so drop a lot of comments!!!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!

~*~*~*~

Sunsets are absolutely beautiful; the natural colors that the sun causes as it dips behind the horizon can be breathtaking, just like it was this evening.  Lovely shades of bright orange, light red, and even yellow shown through the large window that was attached to my guest bedroom in the Luciano household.  My fingers clutch around the drawn back silk shade as I watch the sun slowly disappear for the evening. 

                The presence of someone else in the room fills my intuition, yet I don't turn or welcome them.  The rare colors that the sun provides has my full attention at the moment.  I squint, its brightness just a little too much for my eyes as I sigh deeply, taken completely back by the gorgeous display.  Just for a second, my attention falls to the carpeted floor beneath me, the shadow of whoever standing behind me overtaking my own silhouette.

                I glance behind me quickly, jumping slightly at the proximity of the person behind me.  My head practically hits the person's chest as I look up; Liam stands behind me, his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his grey joggers.  He seemed to be in the process of changing before he had entered my room; I could only assume that, because of the unbuttoned white dress shirt that hangs loosely off his shoulders.  My blood pressure rises a few notches as I scan quickly over his torso.  My eyes run along the exposed skin on his chest, stopping as they fall on his defined abs.

                "I want a relationship like the sun has with the moon," His deep voice brings me back from my endless staring, my attention shooting up to his face.  The reflection of the sun casts a warm strand of light across his face as he looks up and out at the sunset that had previously had all my attention.  Inwardly, I let out a short sigh of relief that he hadn't caught me looking at me.  Quickly I turn around and question.

                "Why?"

                "Because," Liam spoke with a raw emotion that I had never heard from him before.  I jump slightly as a response from his quick touch, his fingers brushing along the exposed skin on my arm.  "The sun dies every day just so she, the moon, can live."

                My eyebrows furrow as I take a step forward, his chest no longer being my back support.  I turn around, a confused expression on my face.  My reply was intended to be laced with sarcasm, but that had failed; it sounded harsher, if anything.  "You better not die for anyone."

                "I'd die for you," Immediately my mouth drops open, readying itself for a quick response; but Liam lifts up a palm, laughing quietly and shaking his head, "Don't give me some crazy response or looking at me with that sly eye," He says, "I promised your father, your real father, that I would protect you; and if that means jumping in front a bullet, I'll do just that."  I take a step towards him as I feel tears and heat rushing up to my face; Liam takes a step back.  "I'm not afraid to die."

                The worst case scenario leaps into my mind; Liam lying on the floor of tonight's party, blood pooling at his side.  I clench my jaw shut, hoping that prevented the threatening tears from falling.  "Liam! Liam don't leave me please," I would shake his body relentlessly, watching the light fade from his eyes.  My own tears streaming down my face as Rico would rest an assuring hand on my shoulder, drawing me back from Luciano's lifeless body.  I could picture myself reacting the same way he had reacted when Mary died; cradling her body in his arms, crying.