Chapter Forty-Three

a/n: THIS IS IMPORTANT ASF SO DON'T MISS THIS OR YOU MAY MISS TF OUT ON SOMETHING GOOD.

Federico De Santis will be making a guest appearance (FOR AN ENTIRE CHAPTER) in OutOfMyLimit17's new book, The Hidden Shadow. We've been collaborating for a while and Ken is literally the sweetest ISWEARRRRR. He will be making an appearance a few chapters in, SO KEEP AN EYE OUT! I'll be posting on here to let you all know when the chapter officially drops! But make sure to check out her books anyways, she's awesome.

P.S. WE REACHED 200K VOTES SO THANK YOU THANK YOU & 9.2K followers!? That's incredible. That's crazy. And I apologize for any grammar errors.

* * *

"The measure of a man's heart lies in what he's willing to sacrifice for his family."

* * *

Liam Luciano, Federico De Santis, and Dominic Santiago were currently occupying a guest bedroom in one portion of the house, preparing for the nights activities. The digital clock on the oak nightstand beside the bed read nine-thirty and the trio were nowhere near ready. From submachine guns to 9mm's, from pocketknives to throat cutters, they had them all lying on the undressed mattress.

Not many words were shared as Dominic and Liam passed each other, one entering the bathroom while the other left it. Dominic slipped out the door as Federico passed him, all three of them on a personal mission. Federico found himself alone as his knees hit the bed, the thoughts in his mind were swirling, mixing in with the background noise that the television was currently releasing.

He gave the T.V. a quick glance, his eyes scanning over the figure of the gorgeous female forecaster that was currently telling the entire listening area of the severe thunderstorm warnings they were currently under for the next three days. Her navy blue dress was tight, skimpy, and hugged her in all the right places. All it did was remind him that he hadn't had any in a while.

"Don't do anything stupid tonight," Federico didn't jump or show any physical fright at the abrupt sound of the voice, but his shoulders tensed and his heart rate fluctuated for a brief second. Craning his neck to the right, he saw a head of dark, curly hair out the corner of his eye; a small smile crossed his lips as he faced the bed once more.

"Dom, please," A chuckle escapes his lips as he throws a smoke grey hoodie over his head, adjusting it over his torso, "Have faith in me." He paused and turned around on a dime, his lips creased in a wide, impossible to miss boyish grin. "Pun intended."

Dominic frowned momentarily as a voice came through the closed door of the bathroom; Liam. "I heard that."

Federico mimics his friend's voice, making a face while he does so. "I heard that."

"Rico, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way around," Dominic laughs as he steps further into the room, folding his arms over his stomach, a teasing grin on his lips. Federico frowns. "Now, I barely passed Anatomy and Physiology with a C, but I'm almost ninety-eight percent positive that you would be in her." His eyebrows lift high on his forehead as he laughs, "Unless, you've somehow managed to change that...?"

It took a moment, but the gears finally clicked in place and Rico replied with a face. Flipping the hood over his head so that it nearly covered his entire forehead, he flips Dominic the finger and turns away.

Dominic laughed deeply, not only at Rico, but at his own sarcasm. His eyes ran over Rico, who had scooted off towards the other end of the bed, his head down, his hands fiddling with a handgun. Rico tilted his head at an angle as he started to attach a silencer to the barrel of his weapon. The dark stubble on his chin, the short, black hair, the nose, the lips... He didn't believe they looked like brothers; Federico's skin was just a bit lighter, his eyes a completely different shade, and his hair lacked any type of curl – of course, that didn't matter. Dom assumed that he had taken after their father, while Federico had taken after their mother or possibly vice versa.