Chapter Eight

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you all for all the lovely comments! I want to sincerely apologize for the wait; I've been so busy and life has just...been happening....seriously. I would suggest following me so I can update you on my progress for upcoming chapters and if anything happens. That would mean a lot. Please read my ending comments oh and the second half of the chapter is definitely better than the first, I had a lot of fun writing it.

A/N: [11/9/17] Ya'll i get so emotionally reading author notes I wrote almost 3 years ago and then I cringe when I continue onto the chapter; EDITED.

* * *

Faith Crawford.

I felt oddly refreshed as I stepped out the shower that morning. It felt like days had gone by since Liam and I's altercation this morning - early this morning, but it had only been a couple of hours.

"Morning," I greeted Liam as I stepped out the bedroom. The moment was awkward; I simply waved, watching as he took a piece of buttered toast to his mouth, slowly pulling it away. His lips stayed closed, chewing, as he grunted back at me.

Liam seemed everywhere but in the present as he stared off at the television. I assumed he was watching sports, or maybe even the news, but the black screen of the T.V. crushed by accusations.

"What's for breakfast?"

He pointed beside him, where a gourmet tray sat, covering - what I assumed - was my breakfast. Skipping the open stool beside Liam, I hopped on the next one, assuming a comfortable position. I grabbed my fork and took off the lid; the smell of French toast, eggs, and a strip of bacon welcomed me.

We ate in silence, silverware clinking together and orange juice being drunk was the only sound that filled the suite. Ten minutes went by before Liam spoke up. He wiped his hands in the cloth napkin that was provided, before tossing it on his plate. "You call your parents?" A laugh came from deep inside my throat as I shook my head.

"No."

He seemed almost surprised at my answer. It wasn't very noticeable, but his eyebrows rose just a tad, confirming my belief. He was surprised. So I did what any logical person would do, I called him out on it.

A piece of egg slipped past my lips as I turned to him. "You look surprised." I couldn't tell if my question caught him off guard. Liam turned and got off the seat. Without a word he walked into his bedroom, leaving me alone. At first, I, myself was surprised, till I saw him walking back a few minutes later. Sitting back on the stool, he dropped two ear pieces in between us.

"Phone."

It didn't come out as a question, more like a statement; a command. I fished inside my pocket, curious as to what he was getting at. He pointed towards the table as I dropped it down.

"You're going to call them," He finally said, revealing his plan to me. I felt like arguing, but what would that do? Besides, I really did want to talk to them. He handed me an earpiece as he took his own, inserting it into his ear. I followed his lead, pushing it into my ear. "Whatever you say, I hear. Whatever they say, I hear." He slid my phone closer towards me as I unlocked it nervously. Within seconds, my dad's smiling face stared back at me - his contact photo - as I waited for his response.

"Hello?"

"Da-" My words caught in my throat as heat rushed to my face. Tears spilled out of my eyes as I covered my mouth, sobbing quietly. I stared intently at the phone, at my dad's photo, while Liam stared at me. His eyes bore holes into my temples. Yet, I couldn't decide whether he was feeling empathy, or thinking I was a freak.