1

POV: Rachel De Santis

It was roughly a 10-hour long flight. I had my seat in the business class to avoid socializing with people as I wanted no attraction until I landed in California.

I took my seat with the manila folder in my hand. Curiosity was bothering me since the moment i took it in my hands.

They say curiosity kills the cat, but not if the cat is careful.

Looking around me I saw that there was a lady beside me and another man at the very front.

As soon as I opened it I felt a movement beside me so I looked up while closing the folder. It was the lady who looked to be in her 40's max. She had aged beautifully, brown eyes staring at me.

"Oh, hello." She greeted me.

"Hi."

" My name is Lilly... Lilly Collins".

I don't know why but her name rang a bell in my head.

I was confused as hell, I didn't even know my fake name yet and I didn't want her to know my real one.

This was the reason why I was avoiding socializing.

"Hi..... Umm... Nice to meet you. " I blurted out.

She seemed to notice my awkwardness and didn't push further. She sat down on her seat but not before swiftly glancing at the folder in my hands.

So I readjusted my position to block the folder from the woman and finally opened it, disobeying my father's last order as well.

The folder contained my new identity and also some information regarding my new as well as old life.

There was some more information in the later pages like the school I went to earlier and what not

There was some more information in the later pages like the school I went to earlier and what not. It also had some single pictures of me, which I thought was proof of me being an orphan.

This was going to be the new me.

Lastly, there was a secret compartment towards which I was directed through a note and when I opened it, it contained all the information about my real life.

But there wasn't a single picture in there of my family. So I was happy to have at least one picture of my whole family in my handbag.

When I looked to my right I saw that the lady was having her eyeshades on, so there was no chance of her seeing any of my information.

An hour of the flight was already over, with 9 more to go. I took out my neck pillow and eyeshades and drifted off to sleep after I securely put the folder in my bag.

I woke up and saw that it was dark outside. I checked the time on my watch but I was confused.

I looked out of the window and saw that it was the time of landing. I could see small tiny houses from here. I looked beside myself and saw that the lady was reading a book.

She noticed me and closed her book. She then said,

"Oh, you are up. We are going to land in 30 minutes. For what purpose are you going to California?" She asked.

"I am going to my university there. I am from Bologna." I replied.

"Oh. I am a fashion designer and was on a business trip to Italy."

"Oh great." Then the conversation ended.

After the plane landed I was making my way to the exit. The lady, yeah Lilly, now I remember her name, was walking beside me.

When we parted ways for taking our luggage, she called out. "Hey, uh, you didn't tell me your name though."

Then I remembered that I had forgotten to tell her my name.

"Oh, how rude of me, my name is Fia, Fia Rossi."

"Oh, it was nice to meet you Fia."

I said, "Yeah, it was nice to meet you too, Ms Lilly."
She hummed in response.

Just when I was about to turn, she said, "But Fia, you know you should have listened to your father. You shouldn't have opened the folder on the flight. "
And with that said, she left.
_________________________________