6

POV: Leonardo De Angelo

I dropped off Fia at the cottage and returned to my apartment. It was nothing special. It contained two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and a bathroom.

I went into the washroom and started stripping then went inside and stood under the showerhead. Turning on the knob, I reminisced about today's events.

How I finally met her today. How I 'accidentally' bumped into her in the hall of that cafe. The way her breathing sped up. How she tried her best to look like she wasn't intimidated by me. How she shivered when I had put my arm around her shoulder and how she took in my features when I faced her.

God, I wish I wasn't in such a bad mood today and be a total asshole to her. Telling her that I already knew her would do nothing but increase her doubts, which sadly, we wanted to. Dropping off the bomb all at once could be too much for her.

She looked through so many dresses in the mall and even liked a few, but I knew what would be the best for her.

Considering she will meet him that day. I knew how she missed him during the last couple of weeks. So I chose the best dress for her. She was a little uncomfortable at first, but became confident and blushed when I said that she looked pretty in it. To be honest, she looked more than pretty.

After a short shower, I got out and changed into a black tee and black jeans.

I had received a text from Lorenzo, one of my guys, in the mall that he had a guy withholding some important information. So I took my car and drove off to the base.

I was greeted by Matt as I drove into the base.

"We tried our best sir, but he didn't say a word. We are sorry for disturbing you."

He apologized, but I knew that Antonio's workers were always loyal, so it would be hard to get any information out of him. Who wouldn't be loyal to someone who is taking care of your entire bloodline, but could also kill them in a snap on snitching.

I just nodded my head at him.

I walked into the basement and saw that the guy was chained heavily to the chair. Blood was dripping from his mouth. He had cuts everywhere and was covered with bruises.

"Bring me a knife and some
salt. "

I ordered Matt as I looked straight into the guy's eyes.

"Yes sir." He had cold and pale blue eyes.

Blue eyes... They were exactly like hers... I snapped out of my thoughts and observed the guy more carefully. He looked like he was in his 20's and had jet black hair.

"What's his name?" I asked Matt as he handed me the sharp knife and salt.

"Devan, Sir." He replied.

"So Devan. I presume you want this to be done the hard way don't you? Or you would have opened your stinky mouth when my men asked you nicely. "

I spoke while looking straight into his fear filled pale blue eyes, my hands on both his shoulders.

He still didn't say a word.

"I'll still give you a choice, Devon. You can always take the easy way out. Your bloodline will be wiped out no matter what. "

Silence was the only answer I received.

I inched back and kneeled. Taking his right hand and examining it with an evil grin on my face.

He had busted knuckles.

Only?

I took the knife and in the blink of an eye, I chopped off his ring finger. He screamed in pain while the metal ring clattered to the floor.