4

POV: Fia Rossi

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7 in the morning. I got out of bed and made it. Then completed my business in the washroom.

I came out and went into my closet to pick up today's outfit. I wanted to wear a dress today which was beautiful yet comfortable for exploring the town and for grocery shopping. So I settled for a floral sundress.

I matched it with a pair of white sandals and hoops. I then took my circular brown bag and made my way out of the room.

I entered the living room and saw that Jax was also ready.

"Good morning. " I greeted him. He was having his cereals while watching the television keenly. He then broke out of his trance and took me in.

"Good morning. So all ready? "

He asked.

" Yeah pretty much. I just need to feed my starving stomach," I replied while pursing my lips together and making my way into the kitchen.

"Oh, your breakfast is ready. I made you a few toasts." He replied.

"Okay... But didn't need to do it. I could have had the cereals or just made something myself. " I replied.

Of course there wasn't any need for him to cook for me. I could do it myself. Not that I am complaining... But still...

"Oh, it's nothing." He said while still locking his eyes with the screen. Meanwhile, I went into the kitchen and came out with my breakfast in my hand. I plopped down into the armchair and started eating it while watching the TV show.

After we both had our breakfast, we exited the house and climbed into his lavish car. I need to get a car soon as well...

"So I wanted to take you to the Bikerly Cafe. It is at a distance of about 10 minutes from here. And it's also my favourite cafe in town. So?" He said plopping up his eyebrows. "Wanna go? "

"Yeah sure, I'll love to see your taste. " I replied while wiggling my eyebrows.

"Sure sure" He replied and we got into the car and he started
driving.

Jax pulled in front of the cafe. He parked the car in the parking lot and we made our way into the cafe.

"So, what do you wanna have? " He asked.

"Umm... What is the speciality of this cafe? " I asked.

There were so many delicious foods and beverages displayed that it was hard for me to choose from.

" They make amazing doughnuts and latte. " He said while looking at me.

"Then I'll have two doughnuts and one latte. " I replied.

He ordered for both of us and we took a seat in a nearby booth.

" So Jax, wanna tell me about your family? " I asked.

"My family. Okay, so I am born and brought up in France and I have a younger sister. My parents and sister Caroline still live in Bordeaux and I came here to California to study. Then I got admitted to one of the best colleges here so yeah, that's why I am still here. And I have lived in that house for two years. And both my parents are from the States so I kinda don't have the accent. " He explained. Then a second later he said,

"mais moi aussi je le fais un peu"

My eyebrows shot up. Mouth hanging. Thick French accent pouring out of his mouth.

"Did you just...? "

He nodded with a proud grin on his face

" Yes, yes I did. "

British.

"I know I am awesome. "

American .

He was fucking changing accents.

"Wow." Was the only word to leave my mouth. No one would be able to guess where he actually belongs from. No one would be able to see that he was changing accents. They were so natural.

"How did you do that? "

"Well as you can see I had to talk in English at home, American English, talk in French with friends and well on my family trip to Europe I kinda picked up on their accent too. " He said in pure American English accent.

"That's a great skill to have Jaxy"

His transition to a straight face would have had me laughing down on the ground only if the cafe wasn't filled with people. Although my snort came out louder than expected and some heads turned.

Changing the topic he said.

"What about you? " He asked. I wanted to tell him about my family but since this is my new life, I had to conceal that truth.

"Uh... I don't really have a family. I was raised in an orphanage in Italy. I completed my graduation there and wanted to move here for college. So my fate was with me this time and I got admitted here. And that's how I ended up in the house with you. "

I think he had more questions but just as he was about to ask, the waiter came and served our orders.

I got a natures call and excused myself from Jax after asking him to continue eating.

I found the washroom and completed my business. I washed my hands and exited the washroom.

While I was making my way out the hallway I was looking at my hands the whole time. And then I crashed into a wall... Or a wall in the form of a torso... Or rather an extremely handsome man's torso.

I looked up to meet his eyes but he had black shades on. He was at least 6'3 and I was 5'8. So he was towering over me and looked at me with clenched jaws. He was wearing a white shirt with a black leather jacket and black jeans. Not gonna lie but he was pretty intimidating. Cliché much?

I just wanted to avoid his presence and mumbled a sorry and went to the side. But he being the man he is, blocked my way. I looked up and saw that he was still staring at me. I didn't want him to know that he appeared intimidating to me so I crossed my arms while taking a step back and said

" I said sorry. Now please, move. "

"Watch it. "

He said in a rather deep voice while taking a step forward.

"Yeah sure now move, I have work to do rather than control strangers. " I replied sarcastically.

He scoffed and said
"strangers huh? "

He took a step forward and I took a step back. But my fate being my biggest enemy, installed a wall behind me out of nowhere. So basically, he was cornering me now. He leaned in and my breathing hitched,my heart started beating at such a fast rate that I thought it was going to leap out at any moment now. My fist ready to punch him in the guts if he did anything more.

He said in a whispering voice,

"You really think that we are strangers? Just wait and watch. "

And with that he left. Leaving me in a dimly lit hallway while I was breathing hysterically. Clenching and unclenching my fist.

I quickly made my way back to the booth and saw that Jax was messaging someone in the phone. He saw my terrified expression and asked

"Hey, are you okay? What happened? " I gulped and told him whatever happened. But then surprisingly he started chuckling and said

"oh you need not worry, that must be my best friend, Leonardo D'Angelo."

__________________________________