#04

Charlee walked into the Branning house. She smiled as she saw Grace. "Hey. You okay?" Charlee asked.

Grace looked to her and frowned. "What? Do you actually care?"

Charlee frowned as she looked at her. She knew Grace had been through a lot. She knew she was pushing her away. And she knew why. "I do care about you. You know that," Charlee told her.

Grace rolled her eyes. She looked at her. "Then why were you snogging my dad? I saw you both. You act like you care. And all you want to do is jump into bed with him. It's all anyone wants to do," Grace said.

Charlee sighed. "It's not that. I promise you that. Your dad is a good man. But I do care about you. It was just a kiss," Charlee said.

Grace sighed as she looked at her. "It's fine. I get it. You're attracted to him. All that people do is let me down," Grace said as she walked off and sighed.

Charlee knew Grace had been through a lot. She knew how she wanted to be there for her. But she knew that things with Jack, it wasn't easy. 

****

Charlee looked up as Jack walked in and smiled. He walked over to her. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Charlee looked to him and smiled. "I'm okay. We need to talk. Grace... she saw us kissing and she's mad. She thinks I don't care about her. And that I only want to sleep with you," Charlee said.

Jack sighed as he looked at her. "We haven't slept together to be honest. But I will talk to her. She's finding things hard. She's been through a lot. She takes things personally lately," Jack told her.

Charlee smiled as she looked to him and smiled. He sat opposite her. She took hold of his hand and smiled. "It's natural. But you're doing a great job. You're a great dad Jack. And I get it doesn't seem like it. But you've been there for her. And she will appreciate it. And I'm here for you. No matter what," Charlee said. 

Jack smiled as he looked into her eyes. He placed a hand on her cheek and smiled. He winked. "What would I do without you?" He asked

Charlee grinned as she looked to him. She shrugged and winked. "Let's hope that you never have to find out," Charlee said as she shrugged.

****

Charlee looked to see Jack as he walked into the kitchen. She smiled. "Did you speak to Grace?" Charlee asked.

Jack smiled. "I did. It will be okay. I'm here. And I promise that everything will be okay," Jack told her.

They held a look as Jack leant in and kissed her. Charlee wrapped her arms around his neck. She moaned into the kiss as it got more passionate. He lifted her up onto the counter. He smirked as he ran his hands up her thighs. He pulled her close.

She started to unfasten his belt as he pulled her closer. He pushed into her causing her to moan as he started to move in and out of her.

Unaware of how things were about to change between them.