#08

Charlee felt sick. She was pregnant and she had no idea what she was going to do. She looked down at the pregnancy test that she had taken.

She felt numb. She knew how she and Jack hadn't been careful. But she didn't expect this.

Charlee knew how things were. Her was trying to be a dad to Grace, Amy and Ricky. And another baby was the last thing that he needed. She knew it scared her.

Charlee didn't know what to think. She was scared. And now that she knew that she was pregnant, she knew that it changed everything.

She knew how she'd have to tell him and she had no idea how she was going to tell him or what she was going to do.

Charlee looked to her phone as she saw the missed calls off of Jack and sighed.

She picked up her phone as she ran him back. "Hey. Can we meet later. I need to talk to you over something," she said.

"Sure are you okay?" He asked  as Charlee sighed.

She knew that she was far from okay. "I will be," Charlee said.

She knew how she had to see him. She had to talk to him over this baby and what they were going to do. She knew that this was something that she couldn't deal with alone. 

Charlee knew that she was confused and scared. And how she just wanted for everything to be okay.

Even though she had no idea what to do.

****

Charlee walked through the square. She saw Grace and smiled as she looked to the young girl. "Hey are you okay? How are things at home?" Charlee asked. 

Grace sighed. "It's okay. I just hate how my dad is being with me. It's as if he doesn't trust me. I just hate how I feel right now. I feel so low," she said. 

Charlee looked to her and smiled. "You have been through a hard time. I know it's not easy. But it will be okay. I am here for you. I know you will be okay. Your dad loves you Grace. I know it's hard but it will be okay."

Grace smiled. "I guess. I just feel as if everything is falling apart right now."

"You're a teenager. Every teenager feels like that. Nut you're okay. You've been to hell and back yes. But you are okay. And that's all that matters," Charlee said as Grace looked to her and smiled. 

****

Charlee sat in the cafe. She looked to see Jack as he walked in. He ordered a coffee. He smiled as he sat with her. "Are you okay?" He asked. 

Charlee looked to him and nodded. "I need to talk to you about something. I don't want you to freak out. But I need to tell you," she said.

Jack looked to her and frowned. "What's going on?" He asked.

Charlee looked to him. She sighed. "I'm pregnant," she said as Jack looked to her in shock. "Say something."

Jack smiled. "It's okay. I'm here."

But could they overcome this together?