#03

Charlee was in shock. She couldn't believe what Jack had told her. And how Grace had been raped. She felt sick as she thought about what the young girl had been through.

She knew Grace had lost her mum. She had lost herself. And it was how the young girl got caught up in the rape. Charlee hated to think about it. Charlee cared for Grace and she wanted to be there for her and help her some way if she could.

Charlee got to Jack's and smiled as he let her in. Charlee knew there was something there with her and Jack. But she knew couldn't go there. Especially when she had something on with Max still. She knew that she had lost her family because of Max. And she knew despite it, she was still sleeping with Max.

She knew she shouldn't. But she also felt like she had nothing else to lose.

Charlee walked into the kitchen and smiled as she looked at Jack. "How's Grace?" She asked.

Jack sighed. "She blames herself. I attacked Fraser. I didn't kill him. But she can't know that I could go down for this," Jack said.

Charlee looked at Jack and sighed. "You idiot," she said.

Jack smiled and nodded. "I know. Look, If I do, promise me that you'll look after the kids. Especially Grace," Jack said.

Charlee smiled and nodded. "Of course I will."

****

Charlee smiled as she saw Grace as she walked into the room. "Hey. Are you okay?"

"I guess," Grace said as she looked at her and sat down.

Charlee looked at her and smiled. "I know that you're going through hell at the minute. But I promise it will get better," Charlee said.

Grace looked at her. "You can't fix this Charlee," she said as she sighed.

"What can't I fix?"

"My mum. I want her. And you're not my mum. You're only being nice to me to get close to my dad. He loves my mum still. And he won't touch you when you've been with uncle Max," Grace said as she walked off.

Charlee looked after and frowned. She felt hurt as she listened to what Grace had said. But she knew part of her was right. That she would never be Ronnie. And that because of her history with Max, that she and Jack would never be anything.

Charlee didn't know if she wanted them to become something. But that the thought that they might not because of her and Max did upset her.

****

Charlee sat in the house as she was with Ricky and Amy. She looked up as Jack walked in and smiled. "Where's Grace?" He asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"She went out. She's in a mood with me. Thinks I'm only being nice to get close to you," Charlee said.

Jack looked to her and sighed. "Ignore her. She's been vile all week. I'll talk to her. And I don't mind you being here," he said.

Charlee smiled and looked at him. "Yeah?" She asked.

Jack placed a hand on her cheek. "Not at all. I like it," he said as they held a look for a moment before he leant in and kissed her.

Charlee froze for a moment before she kissed him back.

Unaware of how Grace had seen and wasn't happy. And unaware of how everything was going to change between them.