#05

Charlee felt bad. She had told Grace how she wasn't after Jack. And she had only ended up sleeping with him.

Charlee felt sick and she hated herself for it. Charlee knew how much Grace had been through. And she knew how she wanted to be there for her.

Charlee stood in the kitchen as jack walked in and looked to her. "Should we talk about it? About what happened?" he asked.

Charlee sighed. "We had sex Jack. And it's for the best we don't go anywhere. Grace is your daughter. And she is going through a lot. And she needs you and we can't have anything going on with us. We need to be there for her as friends. She doesn't like the idea of us. And until this attack that you did on her rapist, and the court case is over with, we have to keep it that way Jack. She is struggling more than she likes to admit," Charlee said. 

Jack looked to her and nodded. "You're right. It's too complicated. As long as we are okay and the kids are okay, it's all I care about," Jack said as Charlee looked to him and smiled.

Charlee knew just what a good dad that he was.

****

Charlee walked into the cafe. She looked and smiled as she saw Grace. She walked over to her and smiled. "I have been looking for you. Are you okay?" Charlee asked.

Grace smiled. "I'm okay. I am just clearing my head. And I hate it. Things are a mess. I know you are there for me. I know that you are trying your best. But I do miss my mum. You know?" Grace said.

Charlee placed a hand on top of hers. She smiled. "I know. But I am here for you no matter what. You know that. And if there is ever something going on with you, in your life, you know that you can talk to me. And I'll be there for you," She told her. 

Grace looked to her and smiled. "I started to see someone. Actually it's Keegan. It's early days. And I don't want my dad to know. The last thing I want is for it to kick off. I just don't want to scare him off," Grace said. 

Charlee smiled. "I know. It's hard to be sixteen. And have a relationship. After all you have been through but you can do it.  Just be honest with him. Keegan is a good guy," she said as Grace looked to her and smiled.

****

Charlee got back to the house. She looked and sighed as she looked to see a text off of Jack.

She replied to it and sighed. Charlee knew how complicated that things were. And how she was trying.

But she knew that she and Jack had a spark. She wanted to be there for Grace as well as Amy and Ricky. 

But Charlee had no idea that she and Jack were going to have more then one night together. And how that night was going to come back to bite them. And how their lives were going to change for good.