Chapter Two

I plopped down back into my seat, half angry and half embarrassed. I looked up, hoping that Ms. Cambronne would stop the class from laughing again, and sure enough, she did.

   "Thank you Zelda for that.... wonderful performance," Ms. Cambronne said, stifling her laughter. I rolled my eyes; even the TEACHER was laughing at me. "Now, now, settle down class, let's get onto work now." she said, quickly regaining her composure.

   She then felt the need to explain the basics of art class; clean up when you're done, clean your spills, wear aprons, blah, blah, blah. Like I didn't know this already. I slowly began cooling off, I wasn't one of those people who stayed angry for long. Either way, in a matter of minutes, everyone began getting up and shuffling into the room. As I turned around, the boy from the front came up to me.

   "Ganondorf, eh? Heheheh... NERD." he whispered at me.

   "Wow, 'nerd', what a scary comeback," I said sarcastically. The boy looked shocked that I wasn't affected by his insult and walked away from me.

   Inside the doorway, I was blown away by how big this place seemed when you're actually inside. From the other room it looked big, but from inside it looked gigantic. I gaped at it with my mouth open and heard a few giggles directed at me, and I quickly shut my mouth.

   "CLASS, MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?" Ms. Cambronne yelled. I stifled a laugh at how ridiculous she sounded when she yelled. "NOW," she cleared her throat. "Everyone grab an easel and a stool, the brushes and paints are all there for you to use. Because we have a new student, we're going to start out with something easy."

   Ms. Cambronne put a fruit basket on the table.

   "Now, I want you all to paint this, and I will be coming around and looking at all your paintings, so be sure to work hard! We'll begin on sketches next class, and a few weeks after we'll start sculptures. Good luck painting, but most importantly, HAVE FUN!" she said, her voice cracking on the last part.

   I awkwardly walked over to an empty easel, only to have the same damned boy from the front steal it from me. I glared at him and went over to the next empty easel. What was his beef with me? I shook my head and grabbed the brush.

   Dipping my brush in paint I began to form the outside of the fruit basket. I was peeved that I had to sit almost next to the jerk, but I sucked it up and continued painting. Suddenly a splash of green appeared on my canvas. I looked around and saw the guy from the front with his brush dipped in green paint.

   "Aww, did I accidentally splash it on your page? I'm oh so very sorry," he sarcastically said in an annoying baby voice. Rolling my eyes, I ignored him and made the green splash into a pear.

   A few minutes later, a splash of orange appeared on my canvas.

   "GODDAMNIT, AGAIN? DUDE YOU REALLY NEED TO LEARN WHEN TO STOP." I yelled at the guy beside me, fed up with him now, but his brush was dipped in purple.

   The class went silent as they all stared at me. My face turned from furious to shocked. If he hadn't done it, then who had? I looked around and saw Ms. Cambronne with an apologetic expression on her face, holding a brush that had been dipped in orange.

   I sighed and turned around, attempting to make the orange look like a fruit. Suddenly the bell rang, and I was more than glad to get away from that one guy in our class.

   Walking out of the art room, I bumped into Rocky.

   "HEY ROCKY!" I yelled, suddenly happy again. He smiled at me and came closer. "How was your first class?" I asked.